Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observation Templates

Hi

Our early years' advisor is of the opinion that the medium term plan should just have few of the activities metioned and the short term plan should be 'of the moment' to reflect the needs of teh chidlren. This is what we have been doing all the time. I will try and download a sheet that itemises all the daily routiens that we undertake and the ELGs that covers. When compared with the ELGs in the foundation stage curriculum- very few are not covered by the daily rouitnes and these, should be targettted for specific planning.

I would be really interested to look at that Leo, as I started writing a document which went through routine activities and which goals I already covered within this but had to put it on the back burner because other things beckoned. Although my curriculum's slightly different I would be able to adapt it to suit and it would save me a lot of time. :)

We have been to Early Excellence in Huddersfield on the 3 day planning course.

They regard long term as continuous provision, medium term is the predictable interest theme with say 2 objectives for Maths and Literacy, and one for each of the other areas. Then plan for likely enhanced and directed activites.

The short term plan is what the support focus is in continuous provision, and how it will be enhanced, and also the directed activites and their learning objectives/assessment, who is doing what, and who is being observed etc.

They encourage following the child's interest so nothing new there really. Quite easy to do as we have cut down our short-term planning enormously from what we were doing before.

Would love to see some eg's of the very breif medium term plans and the resulting weekly. I finf med term plans very limited int heir use and except for a topic web with outline ideas would much prefer to focus on a weekly plan. Does anyone in a Reception class work this way?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)