Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Garden Centre/shop

Hi there...

I am wanting to create a new role play area as a garden centre/shop!!

Any suggestions of how I can make it look fabulous? Or links to any sites that would give me freebies?

Has anyone made a garden centre role play area before??

Hi, Sparklebox do a great set for pictures and labels etc.

Write to your local garden centre and ask them to donate some pots and bits like that. Loads of pots get chipped when being delivered/moved and they just throw them away.

Its worth a try anyway

I made our role play area into a garden centre and the children loved it. I have a disc with everything on it that you would need but I dont know if it all upload. try teachernet as well. I will see if I can put some of it on

killowengirl

Hi kirsty and welcome to the forum! I went to our local garden centre and asked if they had anything they could "donate" - they gave me a load of seed and flower catalogues which were very useful for bringing in the literacy links!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Put different sized pots in the shop so that they are sorting and using size vocabulary. Add labels, seed packets, and make flowers for the shop. This time of year is bulb planting time so you could have different types of bulbs in your shop. Put compost in the sand tray- enjoy the mess! Let the children plant the bulbs, label them and then take them home.

If you are interesed in role play go into the Resources section on the right of this screen, click on the Resource Library and click on role-play planning. You will find a lot of ideas there.

we stuck tissue paper around the black plastic trays you get bedding plants in.The children made their own lables on white card to stick in each basket

I found a photo to show what i mean

Edited by Guest

We took our children to the local garden centre / pet food store, we then created our own using items bought from the garden centre. It started with a garden, then a stables for horses and other pets who use hay. The topic lasted about 6 weeks, and then evolved when the children created a bonfire (pretend :o:( ), with branches, to represent bonfire night. xD

Peggy

p.s. we were a pack away preschool and had to set up and clear the garden every day, but it was well worth the effort. :(

post-3604-1221682520_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1221682543_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1221682584_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1221682611_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1221682643_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1221682678_thumb.jpg

We took our children to the local garden centre / pet food store, we then created our own using items bought from the garden centre. It started with a garden, then a stables for horses and other pets who use hay. The topic lasted about 6 weeks, and then evolved when the children created a bonfire (pretend :o:( ), with branches, to represent bonfire night. xD

Peggy

p.s. we were a pack away preschool and had to set up and clear the garden every day, but it was well worth the effort. :(

wow!! it looks reali good!!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Put different sized pots in the shop so that they are sorting and using size vocabulary. Add labels, seed packets, and make flowers for the shop. This time of year is bulb planting time so you could have different types of bulbs in your shop. Put compost in the sand tray- enjoy the mess! Let the children plant the bulbs, label them and then take them home.

If you are interesed in role play go into the Resources section on the right of this screen, click on the Resource Library and click on role-play planning. You will find a lot of ideas there.

thanks! goin to hav a look now :o

we stuck tissue paper around the black plastic trays you get bedding plants in.The children made their own lables on white card to stick in each basket

I found a photo to show what i mean

that looks reali good thank u for the pic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)