Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Every Child A Talker

belle06

I don't think that there is a document to get hold of yet - the only information that I can find is that the programme will be rolled out across authorities between September 2008 and April 2010.

Presumably the materials will be posted out to local authorities?

Presumably the materials will be posted out to local authorities?

Ooh probably not Wolfie: just that you'll only be able to order them if you have the right combination of hair and eye colour, know the secret handshake or can recite the alphabet backwards whilst standing in a bowl of custard.

Sorry - I'm just a bit miffed because I've tried to order my new staff members a copy of the EYFS materials and have been told my account type does not allow it. :o

Maz

Could this be the rolling programme called Inclusive Devlopment Programme I posted in a previous post . I am due to go on the training for introducing it to my staff soon and have als got s place on a Letters and sound course in Novemeber. Essex has a lot of courses planned over the next year. If you search Inclusive Development Programme you will find a link to look at the information

smiles

It's an initiative that will be rolled out to all LAs over the next 3 years - it will be funding to appoint a consultant to support Early communication skills across all settings and most of the funding will be for that. the remainder will be used to support settings to access the training via said consultant with support through the EY PNS. The resources for the trainig will therefore be for the LA to deliver to settings and practitioners through the consultant/their teams. nothing to do until your LA gets the funding/materials and puts on the training!!

Cx

Ooh probably not Wolfie: just that you'll only be able to order them if you have the right combination of hair and eye colour, know the secret handshake or can recite the alphabet backwards whilst standing in a bowl of custard.

Sorry - I'm just a bit miffed because I've tried to order my new staff members a copy of the EYFS materials and have been told my account type does not allow it. :(

Maz

I think that now they prefer folk to do their own ordering, most of my colleagues have received this response!

Sue

PS - I'm sure they would have obliged, had they known who they were dealing with - :o:(xD !

Or even - with whom they were dealing !!!!! (where's the CLEVER smilie!)

It's an initiative that will be rolled out to all LAs over the next 3 years - it will be funding to appoint a consultant to support Early communication skills across all settings and most of the funding will be for that. the remainder will be used to support settings to access the training via said consultant with support through the EY PNS. The resources for the trainig will therefore be for the LA to deliver to settings and practitioners through the consultant/their teams. nothing to do until your LA gets the funding/materials and puts on the training!!

Cx

It sounds very like the Communicating Matters training then.....

Yes Wolfie I can see that now. The IDP runs for four years and the first one is all about communicating but they are different

smiles

It's obviously too early in the morning for me - have just spent five minutes wondering what "different smiles" are??!! :o

It sounds very like the Communicating Matters training then.....

It may be but i don't think it is a lengthy programme in the same way CM was. The materials are still to be revealed although we have regionalconferences soon so may get a heads up at them.

There is also funding to help deliver a package focussed on social development this year - to enable settings to access the training through cover costs probably but again the materials they want us to use this year (before april) haven't been given to us yet!!! hey ho.

Cx

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)