Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Computer Programs

hi all. we have just had a grandparent kindly donate a brand new laptop to our playgroup, does anybody know of any good software/games for the children to use? ages 2 - 4 thank you x

2Simple are great. single user is not too expensive - around £39 and they will let you have a free trial for a month. We have 2simple ? city(it's late and I can't remeber the name!), a maths one and a music one as wellas the infant video toolkit which has simple paint programmes as well as other stuff. we bought when we had the e-credits. korkycat

Oooohhh someone bet me to this tread. We got given a computer but don't have many games that work.

This 2simple games do you need an internet connection? We are based in a church so haven't got an internet connection which would be a shame because they are great games to play with.

Anyway I will have a look at the other games you suggested

Thanks

Beth

No, Beth - you don't need an internet connection to use 2Simple packages - but its always worth checking with them because they add new packages all the time. We use them a lot at nursery and like you we don't have internet access.

We too love the mouse collection and 2simple software.

We also have 'Here's Splodge' , 'Tizzy's toybox', 'Monkeys, ducks and frogs' and 'Wizit's 123'. I think that these are all excellent for pre-schoolers. Personally found 'at the vets, doctors etc' and 'Rainbow street' too hard for the children to navigate around if they are using the pc independently.

Another useful tip - We use a 5 minute sand timer which the children know to turn over when they play on a game. When the sand has run through they come off to let someone else have a go (admittedly takes time to 'train' them to do this, especially the really little ones) Ofsted liked this as it encourages the taking turns thing!!

Cath

No, Beth - you don't need an internet connection to use 2Simple packages - but its always worth checking with them because they add new packages all the time. We use them a lot at nursery and like you we don't have internet access.

Yeah a very happy Beth will now be able to ask for some 2 simple packages for preschool.

Thanks Maz.

Beth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)