Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Operation Tomorrow!

Lovely to hear you are on the road to recovery, how lovely to get out for a walk. You sound very positive so well done to you it must be really difficult to be so restricted.

Won't be long and you will be back in the swing of things. :oxD:( :(

• 1 month later...

Thanks for asking Lorna, no I'm not back at work yet. My current sick note runs out a week on Friday and I very much doubt that I'll be back then. I've now been referred for physio and I go twice a week to a specific gym class for lower limb recovery so everyone there has crap knees or ankles.

I can now do a little bit of driving which is great for being able to get out locally, but I can only do short bits of driving.

It's frustrating to still be struggling but at least I'm not on crutches.

Glad to hear you're getting further afield, as I said before 'listen to your body, it knows best'. xD

Physio - That's reminded me of a story my husband told me. A few years before I met him he had a knee operation and was sent to do physio. He was a very fit man for his age (20+ yrs in the Army) .

Anyway, the physiotherapist, he told me, had a german accent and was quite overbearing in a dominatrix sort of way :wacko:. She was putting him through some stretches and moves and then told him to kneel down then lean back until his head touched the floor. He couldn't do it, never wanting to be seen as a failure he tried harder and harder, feeling the pain. The physio commanded him, in her german accent, "Back further, Back further, come on now, more effort, and you vil do it". At which point he sat up ( and as he says controlled his urge to 'let her feel pain), and said quite loudly. " I COULDN'T DO THAT BEFORE MY OPERATION, HOW ON EARTH DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO IT NOW" :o:(:(

Me thinks silly him for trying to 'big it up' in the first place. xD:(

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

A further update for everyone/anyone who is interested!

I've been signed off for another 2 weeks. I mentioned to my GP about a phased return back to work and he said that would be a good idea to do before Christmas. I mentioned a phased return when I was at my union branch meeting last night and the regional executive said that she would come with me and help me sort that out. I told my head today and she looked a little shocked that I wanted to do it but we couldn't talk more as she had an urgent meeting about a child in school and had about 7 people waiting to come in to her office.

So we'll see what happens then.

That sounds like a great way to ease yourself back in... especially as you'll be able to join in the excitement of the season and then have time-out (the other staff will be dead jealous, left to deal with the overwrought kids!! LOL).

Maz, I had to do a doubletake at your ticker at the bottom of your post.........

Thought it said xxx months/days until nun's arrive for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Guest