Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Operation Tomorrow!

Just wanted to let you guys know that tomorrow morning I'm going into hospital for my ankle surgery. I have to be there at 7am so I'm hoping that I'm in the morning surgery and I'll be home by the evening. I'm nervous as hell and feel sick about it but I know it's for the best and that I'l be ok.

I was really quite emotional saying bye to the kids today, especially as most of them wont have a clue why I'm not there and some wont even know who I am when I go back or realise that I'm not there.

I think the internet will be my lifesaver for the first few weeks when I can't get out and about.

Edit: o0o0 this is post 888! I'm sure I'll reach 1000 before I go back to work!

Edited by Nichola

I'm sure that all will go well, but going for an operation is a bit nerve wracking isn't it? In 24 hours it will all be done and dusted. As Peggy says, you can join the dayshift on here. Now everyone is back at work it has gone very quiet during the day so it will be good to chat.

I'll think of you tomorrow.

Hi Nichola,

Having had a bit of a dicky ankle after skidding on my 14 year olds shoe after he left it lying in the porch I really feel for you. Hope everything goes well!

Rachel

hope all goes well from me too! think happy thoughts :(:o my mum used to tell me to imagine being somewhere that made me feel happy whenever i had to have an op. as a child, it will soon be over, enjoy being looked after for a change!!!!! xD

Hi! I'm home! I'm still rather sleepy and have slept for most of the past 24 hours. I didn't go down to theatre until 2.30 and I remember the clock in recovery saying 4.25. Apart from that I spent most of yesterday evening and today asleep! Came home at about lunchtime today.

I have crutches but I have to weight bare on my foot straight away, as much as pain will allow me. It's tricky but I am trying!

Got to go to get my dressing checked out on Friday at my local surgery and a follow up appointment in October with my surgeon. So fingers crossed for a good recovery!

I had a side ward all of my own in hospital so I was spared the old dears that were on the ward, who I occasionally heard when I'd propped my door open to see what was going on! The staff were lovely too.

Wonderful news to hear you're home - I'm glad everything went well! Take things VERY easy, don't try to do too much too soon - best wishes for a speedy recovery! :o

I'm not sure how I missed this for so many days Nichola, but I'm glad you are home and recovering. Don't try to do too much too soon and take it easy!

Take care!

Maz

I have also managed to miss this post!!! :o

Far to late for me to wish you luck for the operation, but am glad to hear you are doing well. I'm sure you will spend a lot of time on this site!!!