Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Many Hours Is Part Time?

Scarlettangel

Hi Again

I did my foundation degree distance learning with the Open University which is part time I have done my foundation degree and BA Top up and it has taken me 3 years. The length of time with the OU depends on how you structure your courses and everyone can do it at their individual pace. Our local college do the Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies and the Duration is Two years full time and Three years part time. Our local college class full time as usually 3 full days a week.

Me again!!!!

Having read several prospectuss' (spelling?!!!) I know I can do the foundation degree part time but how part time is that?

One day a week?

Half a day?

Distance learning?

Help!

Thank you.

Good luck with whatever route you take. I am halfway through my foundation degree and it is 2 nights a week and the odd sat morning. It is from the university but delivered at my local college which makes it a lot easier. I prefer it than the ou because you get support from your lecturers and the other students.

killowengirl

I think I've just answred your question on another thread - someone I work with has just done it in two years, attending college one day a week from 3.00pm til 9.00pm. That's at a college in Birmingham.

really think it depends on where you do the course..

locally it is one day a week in college and a minimum number of hours in a setting and takes 2 years..

with the BA hons as a another year at UNi, which was attending lectures on different days depending on which units you did..

That was actually classed as a full time course!

So you need to ask your provider

Inge

Me again!!!!

Having read several prospectuss' (spelling?!!!) I know I can do the foundation degree part time but how part time is that?

One day a week?

Half a day?

Distance learning?

Help!

Thank you.

Hi i have just finished foundation degree and this was a friday at college and tat was classed as part time i am about to do BA and this will be on a friday and providing you are working in a setting for two days a week this is classed as full time i hope this helps Matkat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)