Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Community Nursery Nurse

Hi all

I have an interview tomorrow for a community nursery nurse, working with the health visitors.

I have worked in a pre-school setting for 7 year (for the past 12 months as manager). So basically my skills lie in the 2 - 5 age group (I have no 'baby' experience, apart from having two of my own). Has anyone ever been for this type of job before? Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

thank you

jennix

Belle's suggestions are spot on, I work with a community nursery nurse. She is based in the health centre and is currently working with us as part of a team around the child. She is working very closely with a family whose son has behaviour problems, speech and language delay and the parent needs support getting him off the bottle. In this case she is very much offering family support, visiting the family home, joining the parent to support her on outings with the setting. Good luck, let us know how it goes.