Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Job Interview

Hi,

I have a job interview on friday for a reception class and the questions are going to be based on classroom approaches and practices. Could someone please help me by suggesting what sort of questions they may ask

thanks alot

I would be fairly confident the subjects of continuous provision, and adult-directed/child-initiated play would come up. Are you confident with the EYFS documents? Do you know the kind of structure the reception class has now? Or whether the school fully embraces the ethos of the EYFS ?(or whether they're stuck in the dark ages? :o )

hi

am looking on the internet to try and find the definition of what continous provision is and what it may look like in reception. Please could someone help me thanks alot

hi,

have another question, am going to read the story of the gingerbread man using a story board as a visual aid. Is it better to use the book, or is it better to use the powerpoint presentation on the interactive whiteboard they have in the classroom.

I would say engage with the pupils directly-props or book. Bit of dramas-apron and bowl for old lady, mask for animals etc all children to join in 'run run' length of blue fabric for the river.Ask enabling questions. I think they will be looking for your interaction with the children and how you maintain their interest.

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)