Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Planning

hi all in the week before i go back to work i've been promoted from assistant to supervisor due to staff illness and im lost i understand my weekly planning for EYFS but i have no idea what other plans i have to do. do i still have to do medium and long term plans, yearly plans? and if so how do i do this? any help would be much appreciated thank you x

Hi and welcome

Congratulations on the promotion. Do you not have planning already in place? You can not be expected to put everything into place at the same time. Concentrate on what you are familiar with and feel secure about and prioritise and tackle the other things later. They will fall into place.

You do need a long term plan and short term planning and you should be working from children's interests although you may like to have some ideas to start you off. You could try a search ( see button above on right of screen) as there have been lots of conversations about this recently.

As you talk about being a supervisor, I assume you are in a pre school setting and am going to move this to the appropriate area to ease your search.

Good luck.

Welcome to the Forum!

My immediate reaction is to tell you to carry on doing what you have up until now! As Susan says, you can't be expected to tackle everything at once. What kind of group are you in? How much control will you have over the direction the group's planning systems will take? Do you have ideas about things you were unhappy with before that you'd like to change?

As Susan says, do a forum search and have a good look at previous discussions.

Enjoy looking around the Forum, and many congratulations on your promotion!

Maz

A warm welcome from me too xD

Congratulations on your promotion. Good advice already from others, just don't panic, you wouldn't have got the position if they didn'tthink you could do the job :o

Once you've had a look round the forum, please feel free to come back with any further queries, we are all here to help. :(

Peggy

thank you, yes planning is in place but it is not inline with the new eyfs system and i have no idea how to do long term planning etc inline with eyfs. i did have a quick search but as i only have a week left i do not really have the time to search, as i also have many many other jobs i need to get done including welcoming new staff and explaining planning to them. im also helping our committee out as they are also new, and i am the only remaining member of staff! oh yeah and i've been informed we can expect ofsted out in the first couple of weeks. xx

Can you approach a long term plan as a document describing continuous provision? eg talking about how you provide for the 5 ECM outcomes, and how the four aspects of the EYFS are covered? If you wrote it (or cobbled it together from existing documents and referred to the ECM and EYFS) it would be like an early years policy and long term plan all in one!

thank you all. i have been advised by kcc that i no longer have to do a medium plan and the long term plan can now just be a diary of festivals, celebrations and visits.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)