Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef Online?

Hi All

I have my security token from Ofsted to complete the SEF on line but can not seem to access the page have tried all day and it just keeps coming up with an error. Would some nice person let me know if there is a problem with the site and if they can access it or if it is just me.. Thanks

I have my token and tried several times last night

It told me I wasent allowed access

But it does say on the page that only so many are allowed to complete at the moment

Rosina

I had the same problem. Did you sign up for a government gateway user id? You will need that to sign up to complete the SEF online. They certainly haven't made it easy to access xD The security token is so long and you have to type it in so many times if it doesn't work.

It's best to ring the number Ofsted give, they were quite helpful in the end. I managed to get through and type in some details, it's quite easy to do once you're in. Although it will take some time to complete.

:o

i was lucky i got on!! wow its mad,, the questions repeat? Never done one b4

so i filled it all in, thinking i was good and cleaver :o and printed off a hard copy to keep in my own self evaluation file.

it took me 6nights till gone 12 and if i may say so it looked good? xD

well I had done a little more changes to my setting so thought id go back and add to the SEF and guess what????

" IT DIDN'T SAVE" NOT A WORD!!

SO BACK INTO MY DOCUMENTS AND TRIED TO COPY AND PASTE!! no chance it wont let me . :(:( :wacko: :(

all that hard work and typing for nothing! just to do half of Mrs Ofsteds work for her.

i had no idea how much information was needed on the SEF and i didn't think it was easy questions to understand- what info they wanted from me?

FUN AND GAMES LOL

i too had trouble getting into site but phoned OFSTED and spoke to a nice young man(!) who talked me through it, he did say that alot of people have had trouble, i must admit i looked at the sef and decided that i will do it bit by bit you can save it as you go thank goodness!!

YES THE AIR DID GO BLUE ALMOST BLACK LOL

BUT as we all care for children and are so prim and propper (not) i thought i should be good!!

never know who is reading this? :o still trying to copy and paste the work might have to find a pc wizard!

or just re-type the b.*@! lot!!

xx

andrea, with regards to your problem of copying and pasting.

all you need to do is open your word document and the sef online website at the same time. highlight a section in the word document then instead of copy and paste, minimise the word document, then 'drag' the text (holding down the right button on mouse) into the sef online page, let go of the right button once the text is in the right section.

I took part in the pilot SEF for ofsted and didn't want to waste what I'd already written, so I tried to copy and paste it, but was most upset when it wouldn't work. However, dragging the text did work, which made my day.

I hope it works for you.

Am i the only one who asked for this hard copy? I felt i wanted the evaluation to be done by the whole team(small pre-school only 4 staff) so as we are not online at work we couldnt do it there and it sounds like we wouldn't have time. How do you have time to feedbackand review? Do you have time at staff meetings? It also took us 2 hours to get through the EYFS review!!! Luckily we shouldn't be due an inspection till next year but we still want to get everything right. :o

andrea, with regards to your problem of copying and pasting.

all you need to do is open your word document and the sef online website at the same time. highlight a section in the word document then instead of copy and paste, minimise the word document, then 'drag' the text (holding down the right button on mouse) into the sef online page, let go of the right button once the text is in the right section.

I took part in the pilot SEF for ofsted and didn't want to waste what I'd already written, so I tried to copy and paste it, but was most upset when it wouldn't work. However, dragging the text did work, which made my day.

I hope it works for you.

oh millhil your are fab thank you i will try it ASAP and get back to you and let you know how it worked out for me.

you could have saved me hours of typing

big bunch of flowers to you XXXXXXXXXX