Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Photo Storage

Can anyone recommend a site for storing and sharing lots of photos. ? I want to be able to share photos with parents but also I've just been given a huge quantity of family photos, some of them very old, that I want to upload and share.

thanks

Al

I use flickr too.

For a pro account its $24.95 per year unless you have a BT Yahoo account and then its free!!!!!!!!!!!

(We have BT Yahoo on main computer so my husband has a free account but mine I pay that nominal fee.)

Theres no limit to how many pics you can upload with the pro account.

They do a free account but the storage is minor!

Its easy to use.... you can divide pics into sets etc.......

You may want to have 2 separate accounts if you have stuff for parents aswell as family pics

Take a peek at my account if you like......... its wildly exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (NOT!!)

I am at www.flickr.com/photos/scarlettangelcatcat

How exciting to be given old family photos. I am an avid family history fan and have a small collection of old photos on my family side but my American ancestors who were Mormons - that a story - have compiled a disc and distributed. Id love to be able to do one for my side. I am one of fourteen. No suggestions for storage but would be interested to hear what others say.

smiles

photobox is good, you can store, share and order from their website, also they usually give away free prints when you first sign up!! Very speedy turn around on orders too...usually within 24 hours. Have fun!

Han

I've wondered about using these kind of sites to share photos but have wondered how secure they are. Does anyone use them to upload photographs of the children for parents to look at, and if so do you ask for specific permission to do so? How do you control who has access to the photos?

Maz

As a budding amateur photographer I am aware of a few different sites for this purpose.

Personally I don't use them as I have a huge amount of storage on my pc at home so I am unaware of how secure they are. Access is usually via a password which you can share with friends/family.

Have a look at these sites but be aware that they are not all free. You will find them by googling them.

Photobucket

Webshots

Flickr

Picassa

Windows Livw Photo Gallery

SmugMug

Imagevenue.com

Another thing to be aware of is that this type of site make their money by allowing pop ups so be careful.

JT

I use flickr too.

For a pro account its $24.95 per year unless you have a BT Yahoo account and then its free!!!!!!!!!!!

(We have BT Yahoo on main computer so my husband has a free account but mine I pay that nominal fee.)

Theres no limit to how many pics you can upload with the pro account.

They do a free account but the storage is minor!

Its easy to use.... you can divide pics into sets etc.......

You may want to have 2 separate accounts if you have stuff for parents aswell as family pics

Take a peek at my account if you like......... its wildly exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (NOT!!)

I am at www.flickr.com/photos/scarlettangelcatcat

Is that so? I never knew that - off to have a look in a minute, thanks! :o

Me again!!

On the flickr site you can mark the pictures public

(which means anyone on flickr can see them)

Or you can mark them private and then you can invite people to see them..

Just thinking that might be long winded though..........

Our school have just set up its own web site (At last) and I am hoping to regularly put pics on that from nursery so parents can see what we are up to weekly or half termly!

Could you get a web page up and running even if it was a simple one?

You would defintely need permission to use any child's pictures on a wb page or flickr type sight!

Have I helped or caused more confusion????!!!!!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)