Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ke312 With The Ou

Hello everyone

It has been a long time since i posted on this site. I just want to say that i finshed my Foundation degree and graduated at South Bank uni 2 weeks ago. I want to thank all those who had helped me with their useful posts over the year. I am about to embark on a new course with the Open University, studying for my BA in Early Years, they said that i had to do this unit: Working togrther for children (KE312). I was wondering if anyone has done this route before?

Congratulations on completing your Foundation degree. :o

Sorry, I too can't help with your query but wish you well in your future studies.

Peggy

Congratulations on finishing your Foundation Degree: what an achievement!

I can't help with your query because I have never studied with the OU: but I know there are a few on here who have and I'm sure they'll be able to offer some great advice.

Maz

Hi

Maybe I can help a bit :o

I am currently studying KE312 with the OU. It is a brand new course presented for the first time this year.

When I first started with the OU back in 2003 a 'growing band' of students 'nagged' the OU to add more Early Years Courses. Previously EY study with the OU stopped at the Foundation degree but now you can go on to BA and BA (Hons) in Early Years.

If you want to do BA you need do KE312 as it is the compulsory level 3 course. If you wish to go on to achieve BA (hons) you need to do a further course EK311. EK311 is being presented for the first time in February 09 and I am registered to do it!! So all being well at the end of 2009 I will have a BA (Hons) in Early Years.

I am just about to tackle TMA 5. There are 6 in all and sadly there is also an exam for this course! I HATE exams but the reality is I suppose you can't get all the way to BA without an exam somewhere along the line! I am delighted that the new EK311 does not have an exam though xD

I am really enjoying KE312 - it is my first level 3 course and the standard of academic writing is 'up a notch' from level 2 courses but if I can do it then I am sure anyone can. The marking bands are slightly different not the 93,78,63 etc you might be used to in previous courses.

All TMA's are 2,000 words and for each one there is a choice of two questions. The course materials consist of learning guides and three course books. The learning guides are not provided in hard copies but are available on line ( I printed them off though as have a lot of other people) These are really clearly set out and not difficult to follow. There is an expectation that we will 'read round' the subject and not just rely on course material when writing assignments. There are also 4 tutor group forum discussions during the course but you are 'directed ' to these simply by following the learning guides/study calendar.

Not sure what else I can tell you but good luck with it and at least when you do it you will have our exam paper as a 'past example' for us it is all very new and there are no past papers to look at. They have given us a sample one though and it involves writing 3 essays in 3 hours. The paper has three parts A, B and C and each part has 3 questions , you have to choose one question from each part.

If I can help anymore just shout :(

Guest cathy m

Geraldine has given a good overview of KE312, I'm also doing it and have signed up for the next one too. KE312 has plenty of research I seem to have so much downloaded and then trying to make sure valid and relevant bits go into the assinment can be quite a struggle at times!

This course has quite a big focus on multi-agency working and social work terms that I have had to understand, not all students have an early years background so the course certainly extends knowledge

Cathy

Hi

I am currently studying KE312 with the OU. It is a brand new course presented for the first time this year.

When I first started with the OU back in 2003 a 'growing band' of students 'nagged' the OU to add more Early Years Courses. Previously EY study with the OU stopped at the Foundation degree but now you can go on to BA and BA (Hons) in Early Years.

If you want to do BA you need do KE312 as it is the compulsory level 3 course. If you wish to go on to achieve BA (hons) you need to do a further course EK311. EK311 is being presented for the first time in February 09 and I am registered to do it!! So all being well at the end of 2009 I will have a BA (Hons) in Early Years.

I am just about to tackle TMA 5. There are 6 in all and sadly there is also an exam for this course! I HATE exams but the reality is I suppose you can't get all the way to BA without an exam somewhere along the line! I am delighted that the new EK311 does not have an exam though xD

I am really enjoying KE312 - it is my first level 3 course and the standard of academic writing is 'up a notch' from level 2 courses but if I can do it then I am sure anyone can. The marking bands are slightly different not the 93,78,63 etc you might be used to in previous courses.

All TMA's are 2,000 words and for each one there is a choice of two questions. The course materials consist of learning guides and three course books. The learning guides are not provided in hard copies but are available on line ( I printed them off though as have a lot of other people) These are really clearly set out and not difficult to follow. There is an expectation that we will 'read round' the subject and not just rely on course material when writing assignments. There are also 4 tutor group forum discussions during the course but you are 'directed ' to these simply by following the learning guides/study calendar.

Not sure what else I can tell you but good luck with it and at least when you do it you will have our exam paper as a 'past example' for us it is all very new and there are no past papers to look at. They have given us a sample one though and it involves writing 3 essays in 3 hours. The paper has three parts A, B and C and each part has 3 questions , you have to choose one question from each part.

If I can help anymore just shout ::1

Thank you so much for your help, i was feeling a little bit apprenhensive as i do not know what to expect from the Open Uni, i had gained my FD through the LSB uni and i found the lectures very helpful, in helping me to gain more knowledge on the subject. I also made friends and study buddies which enabled me to improve myself and feel motivated to continue, through the difficult periods.

I also hate exams, but feel that i have no choice but to go for it. Having past papers to look at will indeed be of great help.

Hi

If I can help anymore just shout ::1

Thank you so much for your help, i was feeling a little bit apprenhensive as i do not know what to expect from the Open Uni, i had gained my FD through the LSB uni and i found the lectures very helpful, in helping me to gain more knowledge on the subject. I also made friends and study buddies which enabled me to improve myself and feel motivated to continue, through the difficult periods.

I also hate exams, but feel that i have no choice but to go for it. Having past papers to look at will indeed be of great help.

"All TMA's are 2,000 words and for each one there is a choice of two questions" while i was doing my FD, i had to use 3,000 word essay so hopefully i might be able to do this. I would love to pick your brain at some point when i start, if you don't mind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)