Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Complaints - Providers Record

Lucy P

Currently we are using the providers record of complaints which i have attached, but have just realised that it refers to the National Day Care Standards 1-14.

I am assuming i have to change this to tthe new categories, but which ones??

Will it be the five areas of Every Child Matters or the five areas of the welfare requirements?

If anyone can point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it :o

Many Thanks

new_complaints_form.xls

Sorry Lucy I cant help,but you ve set me wondering too!!! xD:o

I thought I was getting EYFS sorted but had'nt thought of this ,I ve also realised that several of my policies relate to the meeting of the National standards so I ll have to alter those too

ohhh heck!!!!!!!!

back to the drawing board !!!

Hopefully some amazing person on here will have the answer

Fingers crossed xxxx

Think Ill contact NCMA (national childminding association ) as they have policies etc that we use as a basis for our own and they refer to the National Standards too.

Hi Janice

I too thought i was well on the way to implementing the EYFS, until i realised this!

Sorry to set the panic in with you too!

The only other major policy i have found which needs changing is the curriculum policy, which i have basically rewritten the first two sections of the statutory framework, to relate to my setting.

Here is the document given to me by my early years adviser which shows how the national standards compare to the welfare requirements...

I'm sure it will be useful when I get round to getting myself organised... :o

Hope its useful - and that its what you were looking for!

Maz

PS Your complaints form looks very comprehensive - much better than mine, I think!

National_standards_vs_welfare_requirements.doc

Edited by HappyMaz

Thanks Maz, i'll use the catergories from the welfare requirements for now then, and keep an eye out to see if Ofsted produce a new format!

My complaints record was copied straight from Ofsted's 'Are you ready for inspection' guide, when i think they changed how complaints should be recorded, i changed the font and format a little to make it more parent friendly!!

At a recent spot check investigation (another story which i wont go into right now!) the inspector commented on how well it was set out and that it must be a joy to complete!!!!!!!

At a recent spot check investigation (another story which i wont go into right now!) the inspector commented on how well it was set out and that it must be a joy to complete!!!!!!!

But more of a joy to have in the folder un-used, I'd say!

Maz

The complaints record Lucy has attached is the same one we use which we downloaded from the Ofsted site so hopefully they will be updating this in line with the new framework I will have a search and if I find a newer version upload it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)