Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observing Harry

wellerkaren

I have to read observing harry as part of my foundation degree's summer reading. after i have read this book i need to write a critic around the time in which the book was writen i don't know if the sun has sent my brain dead or what but does anyone one know when the observation of Harry took place

Sorry I can't help but I wanted to say Hi as I too am doing the Foundation degree. I am envious that you have a summer reading list! We have to practically drag the info out of our tutors...we haven't even been told that we need to do book critics!!! I'm pretty sure that we do as one off the 2nd year students mentioned it. EAK. Should I be worried? what /how do you do a book critic?

Anyways enough of my panicing, good luck with your book critic and the 2nd year x

OBSERVING HARRY

I found this with a google search, not having read the book, there are a few dates 2006, C. Arnolds book published (2nd edition I think as 2003 is mentioned as well :o )

This critic mentions that Harry's observations are evaluated to the FSC which commenced in 2001.

Hope the link or the date clues above help your sun adled brain. xD:(

Peggy

I have to read observing harry as part of my foundation degree's summer reading. after i have read this book i need to write a critic around the time in which the book was writen i don't know if the sun has sent my brain dead or what but does anyone one know when the observation of Harry took place

I have the book, but needless to say I haven't actually read it all :o

It was written by Cath Arnold in 2003, and covers his development from eight months to five years based on his grandparents' and parents' written and video diaries of his time at home and at nursery.

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Sorry I can't help but I wanted to say Hi as I too am doing the Foundation degree. I am envious that you have a summer reading list! We have to practically drag the info out of our tutors...we haven't even been told that we need to do book critics!!! I'm pretty sure that we do as one off the 2nd year students mentioned it. EAK. Should I be worried? what /how do you do a book critic?

Anyways enough of my panicing, good luck with your book critic and the 2nd year x

I am also doing the foundation degree, we asked for a summer book list but our tutors didn't give us one. I know we must sound mad asking for a booklist, but we are only first year students. I would also like to know about book critics?? Good luck

Lyns xx

Yes, she is his grandmother, Peggy - and he went to Pen Green Children's centre where both gran and mum work. And she says that he is 9 at the time of writing the book. All the evidence of his learning seems to be linked to the Foundation Stage Curriculum (as I said, I haven't read it!)

Glad I didn't put it back on my bookshelf!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Lyns this is reading as part of my second year reading for the first year we had to read DIbs in search of self and write a critic i did not seem so woried about this as i had just started the course this one i am worring about as i have completed a year and i feel they are looking for more