Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Researching Schemas

I am beginning my long term research project for the Foundation degree in early years and I plan to research schemas. i'm not 100% sure of my research question yet as I am still in the background reading phase. If anyone has any info they would be happy to share about schemas i would be very greatful as I want to fill my brain with as much as possible! thanks in advance, jenny x

Guest Wolfie

Someone on here posted a link to a whole book published on the net about schemas - it's called "Thinking Children - Learning about Schemas" by Anne Meade with Pam Cubey. I downloaded it at the time - when you do a forum search, see if anything comes up for their name?

There is a book that was published this month I think, called "Again, again! Understanding schemas in young children" published by Featherstone Education. Haven't got it myself, last time I looked on amazon it was temporarily out of stock but it might be worth a look!

I have just read a book called 'Threads of Thinking' by Cathy Nutbrown which was really interesting. Also there is an article on this site about scemas. If you google it you will find loads of information and articles

Hi Jenni

There are some interesting facts relating to the use of schema with children in the Forest Schools

information from Bridgewater College.

They really use the schema that they have observed children using and plan accordingly with amazing results.

I was lucky enough to take part in some of this training and it blew my mind!

Hope this helps as sometimes it is hard to think how the theory fits with reality

Regards

Teri

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)