Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Blue Moon

Guest diannej

Guest diannej

the moon was pretty amazing last night, but tonight is the blue moon. So wherever you are, spare a minute or two to go and have a look. :o

Thanks for that, Dianne. We are off to spend the afternoon and evening with friends who live in a cottage in the country with a meadow to lie down in! So we should get a good view of the moon.....no street lights to spoil the effect :D

Hi Diane

I sat outside in the garden last night and the moon was amazing. We are off to a BBQ tonight so I will get every one looking at the moon ..... they will think i've gone mad :D .

I have never seen or heard of a blue moon before (except in the song Blue moon which I hear every day as my hubby and son support Man City).

Carol

The moon obviously isn't actually blue. The most recent idea for the expression blue moon is the one celebrated this evening. It is the second full moon in the month, which happens about once every two and a half years. Hence the saying "Once in a blue moon", not very often. This is a modern expression from the last century. A blue moon dates back later than that in folklore to times when people would say that "He would argue that the moon was blue", that is like our saying "black's white", and dates back to the 16th century. It has been interprted in different ways ever since.

We are at a party this evening and I am hoping the sky will be clear to enjoy this blue moon. Lucky you Helen, being able to get away from all the light pollution to see it. I bet it will be wonderful.

Linda

Hi, have just been in the garden, but the moon is hidden behing a tree, so i ran upstairs to look out of son's bedroom window, the moon is behind cloud! Good luck to everyone else :o

Drove up from the south of England last night so had plenty of time to stare at the moon. :) 9pm - here comes the moon, 10pm - yes, it's definately a full moon, 11pm - the moon is still there, midnight.................I have to say it got a bit boring in the end though. :o:D:( Started driving at 7pm and eventually got home at 5am. Don't mind me if I fall asle...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz xD