Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Profile

Ocelot, the name has already changed slightly, if you look at the logo at the top of the page!

some more tweaking maybe appropriate but I think we all know where to look regardless. :o

Thanks for the link.

Am printing off my copy as we speak - and am heading off to see if I can order hard copies too!

Thanks, ocelot!

Maz

:o Can't seem to get on the website at the moment: perhaps its crashed under the weight of anxious Early Years practitioners trying to find copies to order....

Edited by HappyMaz

I have heard that hard copies will only be available for PVI settings from the local authorities. I have emailed our early years advisor asking her to make sure we are sent at least one when they get hold of them but she hasn't replied :o . If anyone does find a way to order them could you post it - I don't fancy my chances of her ever getting back to me and I would find it very useful for staff and parents.

• 2 weeks later...

LAs can only order 2 per PVI setting that will be reporting EYFSp outcomes in 2009 and we have to give the names. Schools have got 2 copies each as they are the majority reporters I suppose. We are onlyallowed to have 1 copy spare per 50 settings for other stakeholders so unless you are a school or have 5 year olds this year I don't think you will be getting multiple hard copies that easily.We have just been sent the order form and I have to order ours by mid August.

You could ask your LA if they can get multiple copies made through their print depts??? I think that's what I'm going to investigate the costs of. Will depend on the budget though.

Cx

Edited by catma

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that I'll just have to print as many as I need.

Does the DSCF or whatever it is called these days think that only one person in a setting completes profiles? Harrumph!

Maz

We've only had one at my school!

They did categorically say 2 copies susan so maybe check with them. They tend to keep a data base of who it has been sent to.

There was some consternation amongst LA personnel at the launch because we can't get multiple copies for training purposes I don't think.

PS Maz - I love your avatar, I used to have it somewhere on my computer and you've reminded me to go look for it to have as my screen saver in the office!!

Cx

Edited by catma

PS Maz - I love your avatar, I used to have it somewhere on my computer and you've reminded me to go look for it to have as my screen saver in the office!!

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll send it to you!

With regard to extra copies not being available, I find this really difficult to understand. I wonder what the rationale behind this decision was?

Maz

As my handbook hasn't yet arrived I phoned up about it today, and apparently because we're an independant school we don't get any!

How rubbish is that? We follow the same criteria, have both ofsted and independant school inspections and still we're not allowed them and there are no spare copies to send out anyway, well that's what the nice friendly man told me!

Though he did give me an email address I can write to, so I will be doing that in the morning.

I'm not a happy person, I really don't want to download and print out all those pages. GRR. :o

jackie

As my handbook hasn't yet arrived I phoned up about it today, and apparently because we're an independant school we don't get any!

Do you feel that independent schools are the cinderellas of Early Years, JMB?

What sort of support do you get from your local Early Years team? I'd give them a call too and register your complaint!

Perhaps we should organise a boycott of profiles until we get our handbooks... "What do we want? Profile handbooks! When do we want them? Now!" :o

oh, don't tempt me!

I have a brilliant early years advisor, and get all the training etc though we often miss out when local authorities give away money for various things. Don't know if it's because they think we don't need it, but trust me my budget for the year is rubbish, in fact I've just spent most of it yesterday ordering new equipment for September.

Hey ho, I'm sure I'll survive, I'll call my nice advisory lady today and send a strongly worded email to whoever wil listen.

Jackie.

Don't know if it's because they think we don't need it, but trust me my budget for the year is rubbish, in fact I've just spent most of it yesterday ordering new equipment for September.

Ooh how exciting! I'm waiting until nearer the end of the holidays - both in terms of finding out how much money I've got left in the bank and because my other half will complain if any more nursery stuff comes into the house... :o

Maz/JMB, your LA has to order the copies for you. The order form was sent at the end of July to the named LA link with NAA, and that person may not be the advisory team as LAs have an overall Assessment Lead officer generally for FS/KS1,2 3 and 4 combined. The order has to be done by mid August. You are allowed 2 copies this way as we are only allowed to order 2 per PVI that report FSP scores so not all PVIs are going to get one anyway. I have ordered for my independent schools today! (It is a good job I have been working this week, if it had gone to our eyats they would all be on holiday as they work to teachers conditions unlike us poor PNS consultants) It is mainly being shared through the NAA website with a limited print run - DCSF/NAA saving our public funds.

Cx

Ooh Catma now this is really interesting. So if a group like mine has not reported FSP scores they won't get a profile handbook. Yet we still complete Profiles for those children going to school in January or Easter and so the handbook would presumably be quite helpful?!

This takes me back to a training function where Jan Dubiel was talking about assessment in the Foundation Stage - he said that profiles should only be completed in the final term. I challenged this with our Early Years team but they have never confirmed or denied so we've carried on completing profiles for our children as before.

I shall email my development worker and check!

Thanks!

Thankyou so much catma, I will see if I can get hold of someone on Monday, I just wonder why we were told we weren't to get any.

I think it might Susan - completion is technically at the point of reporting final scores to the LA/DCSF. Before that I would say it was more "updating" in a purely technical sense of EYFSP - information for transition but not the final picture. Equally I do recommend school nursery classes look at the first 3 points at the point of transition into Reception,especially in January- they are afer all rooted at SS level and so it is perfectly conceivable for a 4 yr old to have attained some/all them in different scales.

E-versions however are going to be the way of the future I fear and those of us who want a copy will just have to download it. I suppose it's the same thing on glossy paper or a4 b+w!!

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)