Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Smile

hali

Yup, it's certainly a bit spooky - like being in school when no-one else is around! I hope you're enjoying your holiday Hali

Dianne xxx

I know what you mean. It's really strange when I go to check for new posts and there aren't any! I went into school today to do some laminating and get some things up on the wall ready for September. Also went to photocopy the planning so I actually have a clue what topics I'm covering in September!

Hope everyone is well

See when I go to see my parents they are never in (grown up kids means time to do things!) and I don't have kids of my own! The boyfriend is still working, so a pretty lonely time holidays!

It is a little like a ghost town.

I have been in school since we broke up sorting out my room for september.... you forget how eerie schools are when they are empty. Its nice to be on holiday but can get a bit boring. :o

Have a good break everyone... relax and recoop. :D

L

yes thank you Dianne i am..although i hate to say it i am a bit like Nichola for the ist time in my life...bored :oxD:(

Kiddies are out playing all day with their friends (thats all they want to do) come in for food thats it..hubby at work... :rolleyes:

really enjoyed it last week..but now its getting a bit boring.. :(

Ive even spring cleaned the house.. :( :wacko: xD

Desperate measured are called for have to get a really hard jigsaw out hubby bought me.... :unsure:

:o I've also been in school each day since we broke up on 9th July. I'm sorting and moving all our equipment and resources back from a temporary potakabin we were in since half term while we were having our area remodelled and knocked into a bit of new build to form our new Foundation Stage Unit. We are due to open in September. Builders should be finished by next week but I'm actually going on holiday then for nearly three weeks. so it will be all systems go from 23rd August to receive new furniture and set up unit etc. etc.

Loved the 'smile' picture.

Penny

I'm not bored yet......but it does happen a bit later when I run out of working friends to play with.(Don't anyone tell the rest of the world that educators get bored with 6 weeks holidays, they'll only take them away and then where would we be?? :D )

BUT i got sick. How many other people end up sick (and I was really sick, temperature and bed type sick) at the start of the holiday? I really think there is a research project here about the needs of teachers to have holidays just so they can have the luxury of actually taking a day off when needed!!!! I know so many people who just keep on going until the day when they are actually allowed to collapse.......thing is, in the other world I'm sure that if you got sick in your annual leave and had a certificate it becomes sick leave and you can get your annual leave back. Maybe I dreamt that one but heyho, better now and ready to start having a good time. I did go to visit my new work place and got a diary full of stuff for the first 3 weeks in september to look forward to and the names of the schools I will work with. As I'm not school based anymore I also need to buy an extended smart wardrobe.....that will keep me busy :D

Hope you all have a good rest and a chance to forget about work for a bit. It's the healthy option!!!!

Cx

hi everyone, i`m in agood mood as i`ve had one of those sunny summer holiday days. packed a picnic and had lunch at the park, back for a snooze in the deckchair while little ones had a nap. then paddling pool and sand pies . then i`ve just been for alovely bike ride round the lakes with my daughter.

tomorrow the kids are stopping at the grandparents for the night . so it`s a grown up bike ride via the pub!

hope everyone else is having fun, maddyx

Have a good time Maddy-don't fall off that bike now will you?

I am enjoying not being at work I must admit. I haven't been sleeping in late but it's that luxury of knowing I don't have to get up if I don't want to. Getting all those little jobs done that I never seem to have time for during term time-tidying out cupboards etc. at home. And being able to take my dog for a walk in the morning and not having to cram in two in the afternoon. He won't go first thing in the morning when I am at work as he doesn't like milk floats!!! :o Daft dog! :D

It's just started raining here, at nearly 10 o'clock, which is something of a blessing as it has been very oppressive this afternoon.

Have fun everybody!

Linda

I'm back from holiday!! I'm glad it's been pretty quiet as I've already spent an hour catching up on all the threads. :o I was feeling a little depressed as we've had lovely weather and got back to cloud and the house was freezing. xD But now the sun is out and I'm back amongst my friends so nothing to feel depressed about. :D:D

I'm back too!!!!! xD

Just finishing catching up with threads - was looking forward to a chat, but that's not going to happen, is it? Never mind, should be ironing anyway..... :o

Had a lovely break, but it's back to the Nursery on Tuesday - strangely, I'm looking forward to it!

Sue :D

Hi Carol/Sue -

Good to have you back! It's eerily quiet at the moment so I've been taking advantage of that to do all sorts of things.

The chatroom wasn't one of them, so apologies Sue - we're working on it and hope to have it back up in a day or so. :)

That's OK, Steve - We seem to have worn every stitch we possess, so I really DO need to attend to ironing - Yes I'm STILL HERE!!!!!!! Did you realise what you were unleashing upon the world when you started this Site??? :o

Only joking!!

Catch you later,

Sue :D