Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Are You Ready For Your Inspection Sept 2008

Guest lucyevans

Sorry Lucy you have lost me completely, I have compared both doucments together and they say the same type of information.

However thanks for the link to the new ispections yet more bedtime reading.

Beth

Guest peekleeds

yes I have amended my eyfs on page 24 (stat framework) to state that each type of outing rather than specific. I have also added a note that the risk assessment must be reveiwed before embarking on each specific outing. My amendments were taken from the official download from teachernet.

Guest lucyevans
yes I have amended my eyfs on page 24 (stat framework) to state that each type of outing rather than specific. I have also added a note that the risk assessment must be reveiwed before embarking on each specific outing. My amendments were taken from the official download from teachernet.

Yes the latest May edition EYFS pack (which you can order or download from here

http://publications.teachernet.gov.uk/defa...DCSF-00261-2008

says that "For each type of outing, providers must carry out a full risk assessment"

Lucy

Guest lucyevans

I've been reliably informed that they will be inspecting Childminders who were graded inadequate/Satisfactory first. Everyone else will be inspected at any time after that - regardless of when they are 'due' and whether they were graded 'Good' or 'Outstanding'. They will not be looking at 'due' dates but doing inspections by area. So Childminders who are saying they will give up just before their inspection is 'due' may have to rethink!!

Also, they won't be making any allowances for the EYFS being 'new'! The new style reports will be very brief - only 2 pages of A4 - so not really showing the 'ethos' or feel of the setting :-((((

Lucy

I've been reliably informed that they will be inspecting Childminders who were graded inadequate/Satisfactory first. Everyone else will be inspected at any time after that - regardless of when they are 'due' and whether they were graded 'Good' or 'Outstanding'. They will not be looking at 'due' dates but doing inspections by area. So Childminders who are saying they will give up just before their inspection is 'due' may have to rethink!!

Also, they won't be making any allowances for the EYFS being 'new'! The new style reports will be very brief - only 2 pages of A4 - so not really showing the 'ethos' or feel of the setting :-((((

Lucy

Hi, I have also been told that no one is having their inspection until Sept o8 as the inspectors are on the EYFS courses. From Spet 08 anyone who were graded inadequate/satisfactory will be inspected first then they are putting all the names in a hat and drawing out names. :o

welcome mwhittle1974, unfortunatly Ofsted are still 9nspecting they only have a 2 day course! :o

A childminding friend had the call today. They will arrive some time this week.

Al

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)