Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Profile National Launch

HI there

I was going to add this to a link that was started yesterday re the EYFS and the profile but I couldn't find it (so if anyone wants to move it that's fine by me).

Someone had asked if the profile was being replaced and I said I would find out more from my moderators meeting today.

One of the EY advisors who is also a moderator went on the NAA course for moderation accreditation. She found out that the revised profile have a National Launch on July 8th and 'go live' which I presumes means available to download soon afterwards. It is not clear whether there will be a handbook like the current one or whether it will only be availble to download.

What there will be is some very good video exemplification to watch and download online.

Although she did not view the new version she says it will be very similiar to the current with changes to the exemplification or elaborations.

She also mentioned that they are looking to bring in a nationwide accreditation for moderators of the FSP or the EYFSP as it will be known by about 2010.

Hope this helps to clarify a few things, or more likely generates more questions :o

Thanks for the update, apple!

I like the sound of video exemplification - so much better than reading and wondering what this might look like in action!

Maz

i went to an update meeting last monday, we were given a new profile to use starting sept 08, we were told 2 use this till we had training for the new one, which we will be trained on and will be accessable to us (in leicester) around oct 08.

Why we cant carry on with the old ones until the new ones are ready is any ones guess! :o

Guest budgie1

I went on the early excellence conference yesterday and Jan Dubiel ( Programme leader for the FSP)said that the handbook to go with the new eyfs was being published tomorrow ( Thursday) not sure how to get hold of it though!

• 2 weeks later...
HI there

I was going to add this to a link that was started yesterday re the EYFS and the profile but I couldn't find it (so if anyone wants to move it that's fine by me).

Someone had asked if the profile was being replaced and I said I would find out more from my moderators meeting today.

One of the EY advisors who is also a moderator went on the NAA course for moderation accreditation. She found out that the revised profile have a National Launch on July 8th and 'go live' which I presumes means available to download soon afterwards. It is not clear whether there will be a handbook like the current one or whether it will only be availble to download.

What there will be is some very good video exemplification to watch and download online.

Although she did not view the new version she says it will be very similiar to the current with changes to the exemplification or elaborations.

She also mentioned that they are looking to bring in a nationwide accreditation for moderators of the FSP or the EYFSP as it will be known by about 2010.

Hope this helps to clarify a few things, or more likely generates more questions :o

Hi!

I hope someone is able to help me. I have recently been informed that the new Medium term plans have to be rather open ended and child initiated and that it is very similar to a brain storm over a 6 week period linked to possible objectives. However, I have also been informed that we are to move away from topics. How can this be possible? Surely you have to have some grounding?

Has anyone else come up with any solutions??? I would be glad to hear from you!

Thanks

Hi!

I hope someone is able to help me. I have recently been informed that the new Medium term plans have to be rather open ended and child initiated and that it is very similar to a brain storm over a 6 week period linked to possible objectives. However, I have also been informed that we are to move away from topics. How can this be possible? Surely you have to have some grounding?

Has anyone else come up with any solutions??? I would be glad to hear from you!

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum, TraceyB

There has been a lot of conversation on here about moving away from topics: it is certainly possible! :o Why not do a forum search (see the box at the top right of your screen) to find the other threads...

Looking forward to hearing more about you.

Maz

Hrd copies are being sent - 2 per school in autumn. For PVI settings your LA will have to order them and distribute. Other than that you will have to download.

It's exactly the same as it's ever been - just with better exemplification. The video clips are very good. (I was at the launch.)

pur advisor came in on fri and lent us a copy until they are distributed to schools - she was hoping it would be within the next couple of weeks - a little optimistic i think!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)