Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pre School Trip To The Zoo

HELP ! My Pre-school have decided to go to a zoo for their outing this term and I'm getting really worried as we haven't got a risk assessment. I don't think that one has ever been done for any visit that we have made ! The trouble is I don't have anyway of getting to the zoo(its over 40 miles away)to do a risk assessment, but we have been there many times before. Is it alright to do a general risk assessment ? Please help before I get myself into a right state, the trip is only two weeks away !

Have you tried contacting them to see if they have any in place which could be adapted.or it may give a more detailed idea for you.. some of the places we have visited have one which they have sent me when I asked.

If not I would do one based on what you already know as you have visited the place before,

Inge

I too should imagine that they have a standard risk assessment which they normally issue to schools when their group is visiting. So would imagine there would be one for a pre-school, maybe there is one on their website.

We went to our local farm the other day and they had a standard risk assessment form we could use.

This has been a constant headache for us over the years so this year................we're taking the parents too!!!They'll be responsible for their own children which will give us a chance for a good old natter with them. We're going to a donkey sanctuary. :o

This has been a constant headache for us over the years so this year................we're taking the parents too!!!They'll be responsible for their own children which will give us a chance for a good old natter with them. We're going to a donkey sanctuary. :o

Hi everyone ! Thanks for your comments and sorry I've not been able to reply as my internet connection has been down for the past two weeks, managed to get on once and make this posting. Thats the trouble with living out in the sticks !

Anyway going back to the zoo visit I did ring the zoo and they were very unhelpful and said they didn't have anything that would help me, Great !. I think I might try ringing again and see if i can speak to someone that deals with educational visits, thay must have something surely ? !

The time is approaching fast and I still getting nervous ! Does anyone have a procedure for a child being lost on a visit ? Just want to make sure I cover everything I can think of !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)