Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recording Achievements

• 1 month later...
Thanks for all your comments and ideas.

It was in the most recent issue of nursery eduction in the q & a section. There was no clarification or alternative suggestion (as ever) just that this is not what they were for.

We haven't been issued with a FSP in our area but as over 90% of our children all go on to the same infant school we have discussed using the E-Profile. Not really sure that this is for pre-school use but the school are happy for us to use it and then transfer the records to them by E-Mail or memory stick.

We have covered our long term plan by doing a sheet on the principles into practice,showing how our everyday activities nad routines cover the aspects/principles etc. and we are adapting the long term plan on the eyfs cd rom to show our continuous provision in each area that we provide aroubd the room.

The short term planning is fine but struggling to try and record a medium term plan for a term. Wondering if there shouldn't be one in order to be able to continually adapt to the childrens needs? Trouble is we would like to keep our topics as it gives a focus fpr learning and is an easy way to introduce subjects that dont come up as a matter of course, such as our community and people who help us etc.

Interested in any thoughts you have - especiaaly in those lucky areas that have had training or local government input!!

Thanks as ever

:o

P.S. Will try to attach downloads of the documents i mentioned above.

Thank you soooo much for your fantastic documents. I was just about to sit down and begin to update some that I had previously created for the old curriculum and you have saved me so much time. I can't thank you enough!!

Boogie xx

Guest Wolfie

Just picking up on a comment made by abruton a while back about using the EYFSP in pre-school settings - I've always been under the impression that this is only to be used by practitioners in reception classes, culminating in a summative assessment of children's progress at the end of the EYFS?

I have never come across pre-school settings using it before? Is the practice becoming more widespread?

I have never come across pre-school settings using it before? Is the practice becoming more widespread?

We've always completed profiles Wolfie - although because of our size we only have to do a handful at any one time! I always thought the idea was that the Profile was completed by whichever setting the child starts the profile year in, and that it is then passed onto the child's next setting.

Mind you, I'm guessing it all depends on how your Borough organises its school admissions: here in Berkshire we have three entry points, depending upon the school.

Maz

Morning all.

Now am probably going to seem totally stupid now ( :o )... but going to ask anyway..........

Where has the PLOD form come from?

I suppose more specifically HOW is it supposed to be used???

I have been reading the posts and have seen the form a couple of times but don't know how it is meant to be used. Have not heard of PLODS in our authority, unless I slept through that bit!!!!!!!!!

Help!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Guest Wolfie

PLOD stand for Possible Lines Of Direction - it's a sheet that you can use once you have identified individual children's interests, preoccupations, preferred learning styles etc. to document ideas that you have to further develop their knowledge, skills, etc. based on that information.

Pop the child's name in the middle and then jot down various ideas for activities, resources, experiences to extend their learning around that. That's what I've always done anyway! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)