Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Entrants Meetng

Hi, next week is our new entrants meeting. I am doing a ten minute talk on what the Foundation Stage is. I know the sort of thing to say, but just wondered if anyone had any notes already written up which would give me a structure to follow. I was just about to start doing this and thought that one of you lovely people might save me the time.

If you have this I would really appreciate a copy!

Thanks

Vicki :o

Hi I don't have anything on paper cos just use my room as a stimulus. I talk about EYFS things in September rather than now.

I have the six areas of learning and the ELGs displayed in my class so i use that as a talking point to explain the curriculum. I talk briefly about the eprofile and that children are assessed across all 6 areas (many parents think we just assess Lit and Num) i really encourage parents to promote independence (PSED)

I mention teaching of reading etc but provide workshops at later dates for them to come and observe me teaching their children whatever area im focussing on.

I show each area of continuous provision and explain how children learn in these areas, talk about child-initiated/adult-led activities. I point out my pictorial timetable which shows them how the children's day is broken down.

I basically talk about my room and outdoor area and how these help children to learn.

Sorry I've not got a set of notes. Hope this might be of use! Good luck x

Thanks Moo

That's really helpful. You pointed out some things that I hadn't thought about before. Shall use lots of your ideas on Monday. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Vicki

I do a meeting in the Autumn term with the new parents...

It started as an introduction to phonics and how we teach reading but has digressed to the wider curriculum with still a focus on reading I will attach my powerpoint presentation that I use. I also do a handout for parents..... can't find the lasted one I did... sorry.

However this may be of more use to you.

This is the presentation I do for prospective parents, when we do an open evening encouraging parent to apply for a place at our already over subscribed school.

If any of it is any use to you please feel free to use it.

prospective_parents_evening_animated.ppt

Thanks lorna

Your PowerPoint has given me lots of ideas. I appreciate you uploading it for me.

Vicki :o

• 2 weeks later...

[Hi, I have a written document that I am going to use in September. It may not be brilliant, but you are welcome to take any parts you want. Bear in mind this is catering for Thai parents as I work in Bangkok.

:o

attachment=5057:What_to_...eception.doc]

Hope it works as I haven't used this feature before.

What_to_expect_in_Reception.doc

Lorna and DJK, well done on uploading your resources and thanks for sharing, maybe you could consider adding them to the resource library (if you do it it can be accredited to you).

Access the resource library from HERE

or from the drop down column to the left of your screen, Resources to resource Library.

Thanks

Peggy

Thank you for showing us the powerpoint presentaition. I have been on holidays so I haven't had time to have a good look around, Peggy sent me in this direction.

This is just what I need as inspration for my powerpoint presetation next week for staff meeting.

Beth

Before I add it... to which section would be best?

Given the choices Lorna, I'd say management/admin, this includes resources for parents. :o

The resource library is useful for those looking directly in the library but also if the question of parent info re: EYFS comes up again in the future, and you spot it, or others who have found your presentation in the library, you/they would know where your presentation is, and could link the enquirer to the library rather than re uploading it or searching for this post. (does that make sense?)

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)