Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Crb Checks

Something very strange happened at our setting. We have sent off our forms to OFSTED all as per normal and one of our staff had a call from OFSTED to say that they no longer deal with assistants. They told her that it is the settings responsibility to check references and base our decision on their suitability and dealing with children on this.

Not for one minute do we think that this is correct can anybody shed any light on this for me. We are all completely bemused by it.

Sorry replying to myself, work too many hours and don't get enough sleep!

I work for a committee run organisation who have always sorted out all the CRB checks I think they are getting confused have just looked at the CRB website and have seen how the checks should be carried out.

Can anybody reccomend an umbrella company? Who are fastest at completing the CRB checks.

I think thats right shelley.

Obviously if anything went wrong the setting would be held accountable, so most people would continue to check everyone.

Thee are agencies who do it now but I cant recall who.

If you do a search for CRB's you should find something to shed some light on it.

Ofsted only do person in charge of day to day running and registered body/person, in your case committee. No need to do any forms to Ofsted for anyone else, jsut do all checks such as references medical diclosures etc yourselves and make a decision on if they are suitable to employ. Ofsted will ask you what you do when you ahve an inspection.

we use TMG for ours they ahve always been reliable and quick with replies, you have to register with them and there are a couple of policies they ask you to adopt.

TMG

Inge

Edited by Inge

We have recently done a CRB check with TMG for a volunteer student placement and were advised to call her 'playworker' on the form - I seem to recall this was so that we didn't have to pay for the CRB check.