Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Re-visit

We are a committe run preschool and had a bad Ofsted report back in January and have been told they are returning any time from 21st April onwards. What I want to know is that for a revisit will we get any warning that they're coming or are they likey just to tunr up whenever they like? :o

They will turn up any time after that date. They won't give you any notice it will be a new inspection to make sure you have put right the things that were wrong. You will need to have your action plan which you should have done when they came last timeand make sure that all things they put actions on have been done.

Hope that makes sense

good luck

Steph

Thanks for your prompt replies! I had a feeling it would be a surprise visit but wanted to check. One of the actions they had to do was to employ more level 3/4 people which is how I got coaxed into it! I've only just started and am bracing myself as 'acting manager' whilst trying to learn the ropes very quickly!!

One of the actions they had to do was to employ more level 3/4 people which is how I got coaxed into it! I've only just started and am bracing myself as 'acting manager' whilst trying to learn the ropes very quickly!!

So things are already looking up for the setting then Jo! Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, we can only do our best. The impossible we do at once, miracles take a little longer!

Give it your best shot, and good luck, let us know how you get on.

I 'failed' an Ofsted in Nov 03 (unsatisfactory across both Care & Education). I was told I'd have a re-inspection (unnanounced) in Jan 04....well they arrived in June 06 and did just the care inspection, then June 07 to do the education inspection. xD

Yep a 3/4 yr wait, I must have been really bad (not).

Obviously I am sure I was an exception to the rule!!!

I would however advice that if you are left waiting over and beyond expected re-inspection date, chase them up (something I didn't do until 2006), having an unsatisfactory report on the Internet affected my business, eventually to an unsustainable level. :o

As others have said, actions are already being met and I am sure your appointment has effected the required improvements in a positive way, so good luck and lets hope they get to you soon so that you and your tam can continue to move upwards and forwards. :(

Peggy

Hi Jo

We got an inadequate for education in Feb 07 and were re-inspected in Sept 07, the inspector said that our nursery had been flagged up for the re-inspection since beginning of July, but luckily for us, they had so many inspections to do they didn't get round to us until two months later.

• 1 month later...

hI jO i AM ALSO IN THE SAME SITUATION AS YOU WAITING FOR THE DREADED DAY ANYTIME NOW ! - KEEP SMILIN -I AM!!! Well trying too!!

Hi my nursery was graded inadequate across both in April 07 (before my time!), they didn't return until March 08 when, I'm pleased to say, we passed! But we were left for 11 months!

I want to wish you good luck too and to say you can only do your best....don't wait for the knock on the door,it will have you in pieces every day, just relax.Work on the actions they gave you, let them see you have it all in hand, are dealing with the staff qualifications etc, and i am sure all will be well.As already said, Rome wasn't built in a day......it was done,brick by brick, a day at a time.