Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Timesheets

Hi

I just wondered what other settings do when calculating hours worked by staff for wages. At the moment i do all the timesheets for every member of staff which is becoming quite time consuming, i just wondering about giving each member of staff their own timesheet to fill in, then i sign them off at the end of the month... does anybody else do this????

Hi simcity

We have never used timesheet before in our setting. However I am now implementing a staff registration sheet with time in and time out on it both for health and safety (a quick and easy staff registration sheet to have to hand) and a great way of checking hours people are working. This can then be checked each day by supervisors and given to Treasurer for organising payment.

One of the reasons I am doing is to let the committee know quite how many hours us supervisors actually work! Thought it would kill many birds with the one stone.

we have timesheets that each member of staff fills in for themselves each week which are just checked and signed by the supervisor and are then passed on to head office/payroll for payment.

Guest Wolfie

I used to put the timesheet up on the wall in the kitchen each week for each member of staff to fill in day by day- I then took them home and totted them up to do the wages at the end of each month.

attached is an example of the time sheet I used. It shows how it progressed to also record PAYE details too. It also shows how it calculated one member of staff on two different pay rates (higher if she was in deputy role when I was absent)

I would give staff a blank copy to fill then transfered info onto my excel sheet for calculation.

Hope it helps.

Peggy

staff__hours_sheet_example.xls

I get the staff to fill in an excel timesheet which they have to email to me by the deadline I check and then put the figures into my accounts package which does the rest.

Some staff members don't have access to a PC so they fill it in by hand... Seems to work for us!

Maz

Hi

We have one sheet per week which have all staff names on, contracted hours, actual hours, absences or addittional sessions worked and whether they were supervisory. Its all on one sheet which I then check off against the diary before giving to the Treasurer.

I did try to attach a copy but it wouldnt let me :oxD

Staff fill in their own timesheets and this is then signed and checked by myself and the headteacher. I also keep a record of the times staff start and finish in a diary.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)