Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Explosion

There was a controlled explosion carried out in the wee hours of this morning about 100m from my house. A 19 year old man was arrested 'to prevent harm' on terrorist charges. The first I knew was a note through the door from police this morning but 14 households had been evacuated and are still out. There are police everywhere. Scary stuff.

What a shocker. I heard about this on the news. Hope it all settles down soon and you can have a relaxing and incident free weekend.

Sally

Guest Wolfie

Yes, it was the headline on our news - Bristol isn't it? One lady interviewed said she thought an aeroplane had crashed! Hope you're OK and not too traumatised!

How shocking - somehow you just don't expect this on your own doorstep do you?

I also heard on the radio that they think this arrest might not prove to be so significant as at first thought. Which kind of makes me wonder what it was they exploded...

Maz

apparantly, there was a second,'controlled explosion' this morning,let's hope thats the end of it now......it must be very fightening for everyone concerned.We had a lad in our village who made his own 'fireworks', which his parents knew he was doing, up in his bedroom, and he only stopped when he had the terrible misfortune to blow half his hand, and his,err...'tackle'(he will never father a child),off in a blast.He was holding the firework between his legs as he filled it up, hence the nature of the injuries.His parents quite blythly said, 'oh well, he's been interested in explosions and bangs since he was little, this was just a harmless progression really'!!!!Never mind how he got hold of the ingredients,or the fact that he could have caused terrible damage to half the village (police took away massive amounts of stuff!).He doesn't take part in pyrotechnics anymore, thank goodness!

Its easier than you might think to get the ingredients needed. My friends son joined the bomb squad thanks to his interest in explosions. At one point in his teens he gave his dad a list of things to get, but dad was very firmly told by the place he approached that 'if I give you all that mate, I'll be in trouble. You could make a bomb with that'!!

I suppose if more than one place was approached all the ingredients would be easy to get.

There were 2 more explosions this morning and the exclusion zone was extended. We didn't get moved out but it came very close. My daughters were interviewed by BBC as they were out walking the dog this afternoon. I think some people are still away from home.

My husband and I went to Bristol this morning. I was telling him about you, saying how close it was to your house. I hope things are starting to calm down now.

Things like this just aren't meant to have happened near where we live are they, they should just be on the news.