Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

"mommy Wants To Be Beautiful"

Dr Michael Salzhauer, a father of four, said he wrote the book because many of his patients are having "mommy makeovers" to fix saggy breasts and slack tummies a few years after childbirth and were concerned about what to tell their kids.

What does everyone think of this...a book especially devised to help children understand the process of mum's plastic surgery, why dad will be collecting from school, why mum is in bed for a while?

For medical reasons I can understand having to help children understand, but what do others think?

The story was on Yahoo news...By Jill Serjeant Reuters - Thursday, April 17 11:17 pm

Not going to be abest seller is it?

How many 'mommy's' have plastic surgery? And I doubt any of the parents I work with would need to buy it. The child tax credits wont stretch to a book when there are bills to pay.

I personnaly just need ironing!!

Guest Wolfie

Me too! Wouldn't it be nice if we could be made of one of those fancy "non-iron" fabrics??!! :o Just get up in the morning and all the creases fall out? xD

If you can promise me results I'll do it!! That's how bad it is!! Sob... sniffle...

Am amazed by the idea of the book.. Don't even know what to say ... I suppose if you need a book like that then it's a good job it's there for you but it's a very sad sign of the times when we can't all just let ourselves decay and decline with pride!!

Quite rich coming from me who dyes her increasing sprinkling of grey hair and will avoid anyone I think I might know if I've snuck out without make-up!!

And isn't it just the case that you nip to Tesco for milk, wearing the most hideous thing in your wardrobe, messy hair and no make-up, and you meet 20 nursery families in the car park :o

I've got rather competent at dodging up and down aisles so dont often have that problem anymore.

God only knows what the security guards think, I look like someone from a spy novel...

I would never consider plastic surgery because I wouldnt know where to start! Anyway I can only just afford paracetamol on my wages. Love the idea of shaking out the creases in the morning though. :o

Sally

Isn't beauty skin deep!!!????

I would need an iron press in the morning.....just a little iron wouldn't be good enough! I often thought wouldn't it be nice to have this done and that done but personally I don't think I could go through with it.....but if I did.......

on my list would be .....boob reduction and tummy tuck!

What would your's be?

I had to get usede to wearing no make up a couple of years ago as it agrivates my skin....

I think we should all be proud of who we are.... not what we look like.... and what a cash in on plastic surgery by selling a book about it.... what message does that give to children.

If I was oing to have something done it would definetely be a tummy tuck. I still haven't mananged to recover from having my 2 boys. :o

Oh to not look 4 months pregnant would be great, especially with a friends wedding coming up and I don't think I'll fit into my trouser suit!!!!! I tink a shopping trip to the Metro Centre is going to be on the cards. :(

Sal

xD:(

There again I suppose I could try to fit a gym visit in somewhere between the boys, the husdand, the house, pre-school, school and the ironing (of clothes, not Rea!!) :(

I need neither fabric conditioner, nor an iron. If only I was eight feet tall I'm sure I'd have enough skin to fit my body perfectly :o

I think this is a serious issue though - and if any of you are reading this considering cosmetic surgery because you are so unhappy about a part of your body that it seriously blights your life, my heart goes out to you.

However. I'd be interested to look at the book to see how they explain that mummy is going to hospital to have a dangerous anaeshetic, a man (and why have I never seen a female cosmetic surgeon being interviewed?) is going to cut off some offensive part of her body, then she will wake up in pain, possibly with bruises and bandages making her look like a mummy in more than one sense. Then she'll feel incredibly fragile for a few days and will find it incredibly painful to cuddle her children... but when the bruises go away she'll look 20 years younger.

That's my mental picture whenever I hear that someone has had cosmetic surgery - and I know I would not be brave enough to go through all that (even though I gave birth naturally - although with an unnatural amount of gas and air!) just to have bigger/smaller breasts or a smoother face.

But imagine trying to explain that to your average three year old! They'd think you were mad!

Maz

Guess it would be a boob job for me too, although I am fairly happy with what I have, I have managed to stay a size 10-12 most of my adult life (prob running around after the children, horses etc)

I couldn't justify paying for someone to cut me open with the realisation that I am soo lucky to be healthy, have five healthy children and a loving husband who has got quite used to the 'African tribeswoman long-boob look'! -(No offence meant to any African tribsewoman). :o

Yes, I reckon that if I actually made a little bit of effort, made sure my hair didn't stick up every morning, wore clothes which actually suited my shape I would just about pass the you look OK test. I think my main problem is laziness that just wouldn't be fixed by going under the knife.

My way with dealing with it is to just never look in a mirror. I find the children are the best judge of how we look. You know just how bad you look when the girls at pre-school say "what have you done with your hair today!!!" only 3 but they know it shouldn't look quite that way.

I actually changed my ear rings the other day, normally wear the same ones all the time. This little girl only 2 turned to me and said "nice ear rings Shelley!" it really made my day!! I might change them more often now.

How about fabric conditioner instead of wine? xD

Mmmmmm, summer breeze and lemonade!!

If I was oing to have something done it would definetely be a tummy tuck. I still haven't mananged to recover from having my 2 boys. :o

Oh to not look 4 months pregnant would be great, especially with a friends wedding coming up and I don't think I'll fit into my trouser suit!!!!! I tink a shopping trip to the Metro Centre is going to be on the cards. :wacko:

Sal

:(:(

There again I suppose I could try to fit a gym visit in somewhere between the boys, the husdand, the house, pre-school, school and the ironing (of clothes, not Rea!!) :(

What you want is a pair of those 'hold in your tummy' pants that Trinny and Suzanna are always banging on about!! If it is good enough for Girls Aloud, who in my estimation weigh about 4 stone between them, its good enough for me!!

I'd like my boobs to be where they used to be xD

Gravity's a terrible thing :o:(

Amen to that Rea!

I think this book is dreadful and I speak as a mother of a 13 year old daughter who I have to keep a careful any eye on with lunch and breakfast I mean to persuade her to keep eating sensibly not skipping meals. The media has a lot to answer for.

Hey, Shelley,

I think we must have been seperated at birth!!! You have just described me to a tee. :o:(xD

But the children (and hubby) love me the way I am, I'm happy, so I doubt I'll change anytime soon.

So here's a big hand to all those women who are happy with themselves..

:(

Sal

Guest MaryEMac

I am of the model -'built for comfort,not for speed', but am fairly happy for most of the time. I must admit that I colour my hair to get rid of the grey bits. This was because one of the little girls at school asked me if I had been to a party because I had got silver spray in my hair :oxD:(

Mary

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)