Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Planning

kristina

I've just done the attached weekly plan for my assignment today, using bits and bobs from everywhere including here and the EYFS CD rom but I haven't yet been on the training.

Wolfie, thanks for sharing your observation sheet, have only just noticed it. Seems to make sense to me.

Weekly_plan.doc

Edited by Deb

I've just done the attached weekly plan for my assignment today, using bits and bobs from everywhere including here and the EYFS CD rom but I haven't yet been on the training.

Wolfie, thanks for sharing your observation sheet, have only just noticed it. Seems to make sense to me.

Hi Deb

Have you done this form as you have to set up your preschool each day, so therefore would decide to get something different out in each area?

We are lucky enough to have our own hall in the church with workshop areas set up and resourced so I persume we wouldnt have to have the continious provision part of the form- only if we were adding something to it, make sense?

Form looks good though

Are you intending to have something running alongside this for group time planning?

not sure if I've done this right...

Here's part of what I'm thinking of doing for LTP, as well as the continuous provision ones I've bought from sparklebox - please let me know what you all think x

Janine having pinched your EYFS Long term plan to use in my assignment I thought it only right and proper that I show you how I have added celebrations etc to it. Must stress have not been on any training, cannot access it until after my assignment is due in but from what I've been reading a simple grid showing celebrations is needed, and I have added the EYFS themes and commitments as suggested on here.

Long_Term_Plan_with_principles_and_celebrations_etc_for_FSF.doc

Edited by Deb

Hi Deb

Have you done this form as you have to set up your preschool each day, so therefore would decide to get something different out in each area?

We are lucky enough to have our own hall in the church with workshop areas set up and resourced so I persume we wouldnt have to have the continious provision part of the form- only if we were adding something to it, make sense?

Form looks good though

Are you intending to have something running alongside this for group time planning?

[/qu

Hi Sharon

Honestly? Just feeling my way, have not been on any training, had to do something for my assignment and have used template from EYFS CDrom and from here.

I would see this as following children's interests so sand area might have something in there from CI, or background topic, so could be same for several days or change accordingly. A lot would be added retrospectively at the end of a session, there might not necessarily be something in each section each day.

Group planning I think would go in the Adult led part at the top, for example, a letters and sounds activity. This is just me trying to get to grips with it, in theory, I had to choose something that involves challenge and that I may have been anxious about - so probably foolhardy in the extreme!

Hi Deb

Thanks for the long term plan and the weekly. So will that be all of your planning? Or will you be providing the focus activity in more depths on another sheet?

I am trying to design a weekly sheet with the focus activity and the learning obj on it, with changes to continuous provision and which children I am aiming the planning at. There was a good example on the learning wall thread.

I want my planning to be as simple as possible!!

Hi Deb

Thanks for the long term plan and the weekly. So will that be all of your planning? Or will you be providing the focus activity in more depths on another sheet?

I am trying to design a weekly sheet with the focus activity and the learning obj on it, with changes to continuous provision and which children I am aiming the planning at. There was a good example on the learning wall thread.

I want my planning to be as simple as possible!!

Hi Shelley

Ummmm is the answer....

Am off to look at the learning wall thread.

Simple sounds good to me too.

Thanks Deb - do you think it looks ok?

I'm trying to get my head round what my planning should look like still -realise I've quoted Sparklebox and meant Primary Plan - oops! I aim to have continuous provision LTP, then some regular activities such as library change?! , readers, story time etc (am in a Foundation Unit) which will never change. It's the short term which I'm a bit baffled by - only in the fact that we have 130+ children in the unit each day and don't know where we start and stop recording! At the moment I'm managing 12 observations in a week on my key group children - got about 37 key children - what do other people think?

Thanks Deb - do you think it looks ok?

I'm trying to get my head round what my planning should look like still -realise I've quoted Sparklebox and meant Primary Plan - oops! I aim to have continuous provision LTP, then some regular activities such as library change?! , readers, story time etc (am in a Foundation Unit) which will never change. It's the short term which I'm a bit baffled by - only in the fact that we have 130+ children in the unit each day and don't know where we start and stop recording! At the moment I'm managing 12 observations in a week on my key group children - got about 37 key children - what do other people think?

Hi Janine

Looks good to me! We have continuous provision 'posters' around the room too.

37 key children - that's incredible, puts my 6 in perspective. Does every practitioner have key-person responsibility?

Hi

Deb - it was great to see your planning as it is near enough the same as I have created :o feel re-assured that may be on the right track.

We have been using new EYFS method of planning now for around 4 weeks - and it has been so far going OK, however as many people of mentioned we have 43 children over a week and we have found it really hard to work out "who to be target children" as they are not in every day. As mentioned in a previous post, we are going to divide children into two weeks so say 20 one week to be observed and then 20 the following week - see if we are able to work better.

Dot xD

Hi Lyndy

Welcome to the forum - still to go on the training so not much help - in respect of our weekly plan we are still using the headings under the areas of development - so once we have been on our training hopefully we will know more.

Sure someone with more knowledge will be on their way soon - Dot :oxD

Thanks Dot Hope to hear from you agin Lyndy :(

Thanks Deb for letting me see your weekly plan, but how does all this unique child etc work in like the birth to three. Lyndy

Deb - it was great to see your planning as it is near enough the same as I have created :o feel re-assured that may be on the right track.

Dot I've been following your posts regarding the learning wall etc with keen interest especially as I have suggested this as a way forward in my assignment and am trying to tie it in with the EYFS planning formats, all with no practical experience of learning walls to fall back on, so I'm following you!

Lyndy - I'm not the best person to answer that - I wish I could.

What I have not yet got my head round is this...I am voicing my thought processes not necessarily expecting an answer, though if anyone can shed any light....

If 'personalised learning involves planning for each child' how is it possible to show all the possible aspects from the 6 areas of learning for each child on the weekly plan? If planning is holistic, looks at the whole child where learning is not 'compartmentalized', where links are made across the curriculum for deeper learning, why specify a specific area of learning on the weekly plans?

Would it be acceptable to have an individual play plan for each child, completed by the keyperson using narrative observations, photos and snapshot moments, building up over a month/half-term to provide rounded evidence of the child's current thinking & interests?

Looking forward to going on the training!

Edited by Deb

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have not posted before so a little nervous!

I have worked within the foundation stage for the past 5 years. I believe the change that the new EYFS will bring is long awaited.

Although we have always planned having the childrens views in mind we as a setting have failed to note this down within our planning. I have used some ideas from here and some ideas of the nursery and devised a new weekly planning sheet.

It will include childrens names who will be specifically observed that week, also space for planned focused activities gathered from observations taken the previous weeks aimed towards helping children with specific needs or interests they may have. Also planned activities towadrs a background topic, special event or festival can be put onto the sheet.

We have a separate sheet for continuos provision which is only chnged if something is changed within the setting.

I would like to know what people think and if they have any suggestions.

Thank you

Please be nice :o

ClaireWeekly_Planning_Sheet_new_eyfs.doc

Hi Claire,

Your planning sheet looks good, will def print a copy & look into how we can use in my setting.

One quick point, how do you know which activity will be done where? i.e do you have specific tables/areas where creative/physical/knowledge understanding etc take place?

Spiceye

Hi Claire,

Your planning sheet looks good, will def print a copy & look into how we can use in my setting.

One quick point, how do you know which activity will be done where? i.e do you have specific tables/areas where creative/physical/knowledge understanding etc take place?

Spiceye

Thanks Spiceye :o

I hope it works out, do you think i need to put this on the sheet somewhere? I will explain a little about our setting layout.

We do have specific areas in the nursery room covering all 6 areas. The room is all open plan an free choice. Children have access to all things all of the time as well as the focused activity. It works well, children especially like the open choice within the creative area and are always creating master pieces.

The focused activity is laid out ready for the children and explained to them where it is and what will happen at group meeting time in the morning and afternoon. Any children that come in later during the day have the same opportunity given to them.

The children have an activity board where they choose where they wish to play, they velcro there name to a picture of a specific area. We do not lay the tables out for the children, they do this independantly.

If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know

Claire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)