Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Policies

We have just received the updated criteria for the PLA accediation and I am struggling with some of the new policies. Does anyone have the following policies in place:

'documentation and information policy'

'equality of opprtunities policy'??

'partnership with other professionals policy?'

Security policy?'

'Teaching and learning policy'??

'Visitors policy'?

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am being buried alive in paperwork!!!!!!!!!

I know someone on here joked about a policy for policies some years ago.....and here it is! Can't understand why you would want or need a policy called documentation and information. The equality of opportunities, I think, could be an adaptation of your inclusion policy, the security one should be already contained somewhere within your health and safety stuff, as with visitors, ie explaining that they are always supervised, etc etc.

A teaching and learning policy sounds to me like your vision statement/long term plans and aims for the children, so maybe another adaptation of what you already have? The partnership with other professionals could also be part of your equality of ops policy, ie liaising with external sources eg. paediatricians, SALTs, health service advisors, etc.

I think the policy paperwork nightmare is about to start all over again with the EYFS, and if we can provide the information required within existing policies, we should! That is, however, just my opinion :o

Has anyone had training about what new policies will be needed with EYFS or has anyone just got a list of what policies are now required? Do you ever feel you are sinking fast?

I think the policy paperwork nightmare is about to start all over again with the EYFS, and if we can provide the information required within existing policies, we should! That is, however, just my opinion :o

...and one that is difficult to argue against, Helen. Wonder if the PLA accreditation inspector would agree though?

Maz

We have a documentation and information policy it basically explains what documentation and information we are required to have in place, how these will be kept confidential, how parents can have access to information and what changes are required to be notified to OFSTED etc.

If you feel that things are covered in other policies e.g. as helen said security may already be covered in your H&S policy then i think this should be sufficient, its just making more work for yourself if you write a separate policy. I think it is getting a little beyond a joke, If we have to have a policy for everything by the time you review them and make sure staff are familiar and confident with them all you would have time for nothing else!!!!! Never mind we will carry on regardless.

Paula x

"If we have to have a policy for everything by the time you review them and make sure staff are familiar and confident with them all you would have time for nothing else!!!!!"

Not to mention the fact that by the time you have reviewed them and become familiar with them, someone will decide they need to be changed again!!

Thanks to the original poster though as we are looking to embark on our reaccreditation soon and are also reviewing our policies in the coming weeks. We will now look at these policies as part of the annual review so as not to have to devise and adopt some more policies mid-year.

• 2 months later...
We have a documentation and information policy it basically explains what documentation and information we are required to have in place, how these will be kept confidential, how parents can have access to information and what changes are required to be notified to OFSTED etc.

If you feel that things are covered in other policies e.g. as helen said security may already be covered in your H&S policy then i think this should be sufficient, its just making more work for yourself if you write a separate policy. I think it is getting a little beyond a joke, If we have to have a policy for everything by the time you review them and make sure staff are familiar and confident with them all you would have time for nothing else!!!!! Never mind we will carry on regardless.

Paula x

We have just done our re-accred and weren't asked for any of those policies. However we do have the following

Record keeping Policy (which lists all the record keepin we do) Storage & Disposal of Documents ( could mean this for documentation)

Equality & Diversity (re equality of opps)

Curriculum policy (which could the Teaching & Learning one)

We dont have a security one but there is a paragraph on security within our H & S policy

Also within the above their is mention of a Record of Visitors, but we have no policy on this- not really sure why you would have to have one.

No special partnership policy but again mention and regard to all this iswithin our Inclusion policy.

If you would like me to post any of the above let me know & I'll stick them on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)