Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need A Hug

Sue R

• 11 months later...

Hi all,

Just an update, if you remember it all. Mum's been home now nearly a year. Her speech is virtually back to normal, she can walk about the bungalow, but remains in a wheelchair when outdoors. They're talking about getting her one of motorised things - :oxD - she's never driven, so that could be interesting! the right arm is moving a bit, but the hand isn't showing much improvement, so i suppose that's it?

She was 80 in July and we were all just so happy to see her make it none of it mattered. I'll shut up now, but (yet again!) thank you all for your support last year.

Sue :D

Awww pleased to hear that things are on the up. Watch out once your mum gets one of those motorised chairs! I've got a girl in my new school in my class who apparently drives one of those around school and I've been told to watch my feet because it really hurts if they get you with it!!

Oh Sue xD ! I just read this now :o ... I am so sorry :( . I will read the rest of the post with the hope that she is doing better. I big big hug for you and for her.

Kind regards,

SmileyPR

UPPS :( ... I think I was really really LATE reading this notice... it was a year ago! Anyway, thanks for the update Sue R. Many blessings for your parents.

Edited by SmileyPR

Glad things are looking up for the family Sue. :):) Those motorised wheelchairs go pretty fast you know so watch out!!! :o Let her get some practice at your local 'shopmobility' first, should be able to get some speed up in the shoping malls! xD

A whole year, how time flies.....I hope you mum doesn't suffer road rage and that she keeps within the speed limit :o

Great to hear she celebrated her 80 th, I bet that was some big party :D

Peggy

So glad your mum is doing well Sue.

My mum is 84 and she has just invested in an electric scooter because she finds it difficult to walk far. I was surprised that she took to it so easily, because she has never driven before, although she always rode a bike. It has given her a new lease of life and she told me that it has been a long time since she has felt the wind through her hair !! :D:D

Sue J