Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Premises

We are a sessional preschool in the process of moving from our old church hall to a brand new purpose built unit in a new family centre. I've been in this morning for the first time and I'm still in shock. It is fabulous. There are so many brilliant things that I could go on all day but it is bright, light with double doors for continuous access to a wonderfully designed outdoor space. We've even got our own dishwasher and washing machine. Can't wait to get in there - we have started unpacking today and will be doing it for the rest of the week. Children start back next week. What a great time to have started my new job!

Sally

I dont think people who have always been in purpose built buildings realise how lucky they are. You'll be able to leave your stuff out, with childrens work and displays. How fab :o

You deserve it, and every preschool person who has struggled with less than the best accomodation deserves it too. Really exited for you. However..........I was in a put away setting, had the opportunity to leave everything out for a while and didn't like it because things didn't get sorted, resources weren't exchanged/tidied/sorted so much etc....but that's because we weren't used to the luxury of not having to pack up each day. I hope that your staff appreciate the environment, which I am sure they will, but like Rea says, if they haven't experienced pack away or less that best environement..........IHowever, 'm sure they will...

I can just imagine, free flow to outdoors, purpose built etc, yes very motivational work environment, have fun, enjoy and I am sure the children will love it too. :o I'm really happy for you that you now have a 'fabulous' centre to work in. xD:(

Peggy

Hi Peggy

We have always had to pack everything away at the end of sessions so leaving it all out will be a luxury. It's all very new and I'm sure we will need time to settle in but yesterday we were all like big kids - opening doors, looking in the loos with their little sinks, unpacking all the stuff they've provided for us - smoothie makers, kitchen utensils, baking equipment. I'm just amazed at all the stuff they have provided - we didn't know about any of it but it's standard for the centres apparently. Shame no-one thought to order coat pegs for the children so it's a good job we brought our old ones!!

I'm really excited about the outside area. All children will have waterproofs so they can play outside whatever the weather. I'm very interested in the forest school schemes that run in our local schools and have looked into doing a course at a local centre. Now we have the facilities it would be a great opportunity for the kids and staff.

Sally