Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tenerife Here We Come

Always like to be spontaneous. I got a leaflet from our fostering agency on Friday letting me know they have vacancies in their Tenerife apartment for the Easter hols (sleeps 6). Rang them this morning and booked the apartment for 3rd-17th April. :(:(

All I need now is to have the social workers permission to take the children out of the country and we're off to Spain in a weeks time for 2 whole weeks. :( :wacko:

Haven't told hubby yet, well he will lay in and leave me to do the school run :rolleyes:

All 4 children plus my grandson are happily oblivious to my plans playing outside with all the ice that formed overnight. ;)xD

So fingers crossed for us that the SW can get the relevant permissions, that I can get reasonably cheap flight seats for 2 adults 4 children and not forgetting, who's going to look after our dog for 2 weeks. :o

Oh I do love the excitement of planning things last minute. xD :unsure:

Peggy

Well done you - and just to think if you were still working in pre-school it would be much more difficult to take advantage of these 'last minute' offers...

I hope the red tape is sorted and you can all enjoy some lovely sunshine!

Maz

Thanks for all your good wishes :(

The Social worker, she says YES, just awaiting the 'official' letter, without which we won't get the children past airport security.... :o

Biccy, where are you? We do still need a home for Benji for the 2 weeks. xD If you're not joking PM me. (we go 3rd April - 18th)

Peggy

post-3604-1206654362_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1206654487_thumb.jpg

Thanks all. :(

Benji is sorted, my daughter will have him, even though she has a female Staff :( So she's going to have a busy Easter hols. :(

Wolfie, what should or shouldn't I know about terminal 5, I don't watch the news or read papers, is it built yet?? :oxD

( we fly from North terminal)

Peggy

Guest Wolfie

Erm well it was officially opened yesterday but the place was in chaos all day, with loads of flights cancelled and other planes taking off with passengers but no luggage!!! :o

Erm well it was officially opened yesterday but the place was in chaos all day, with loads of flights cancelled and other planes taking off with passengers but no luggage!!! xD

Looking on the positive, as I try to do, at least is was passengers and no luggage rather than luggage only and no passengers. :(:(

I just know that I will be doing a head count every 2 minutes, never travelled so far with responsibility for 4 children before. I managed to lose my son aged 2 yrs in Lisbon train station before, what a nightmare :o He was oblivious to my trauma, happily looking at the train engine without a care in the world. :wacko: xD

Actually I suppose I should write a risk ssessment before we depart. :(

Peggy

Peggy-i wasn't being rude not replying.I've had no internet for 2 days xD and its taken me 5 hours to catch up with all e-mails and now threads

I'm glad you got Benji sorted out.I would have loved to have helped if I could he looks beautiful and I know just the right reservoir to walk him round :o

have a nice holiday XXXX

Wow Peggy,

what great news! I'm sure you'll be having a great time..Spain at Easter(ish) -do check up on the area you are heading to for festivals - we were in Portugal at Easter and it was glorious, festivals everywhere and flowers..weather was nice pool was freezing, but it was warm enough for lizards to sun bathe on the walls in the garden...mmmmm lucky you..have fun! x x