Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Early Years Foundation Stage Is Like An Onion

Susan

Excellent, thanks for the feedback chaps!

It's fine for you to print out and hand out Sue.

If any of you have suggestions for future EYFS topics you'd like to see Martine cover, let me know. I'm sure she'll be happy to consider them. :o

I have printed it as well. It has helped me to focus on the EYFS and I shall be using it too help me at my traning meetings next term.

The one thing that I think we will struggle with is getting parents to be more invovled in sharing information. At present we use home diaries and althiugh staff fill them in we have only 0ne or two parents who reply or make their own commnets. We are introducing stay and play days each term but the first one didnt go too well with only the committee parents staying. Any ideas will be welcomed please?

smiles

Smiles, what sort of setting are you in?

We have changed our consultation evenings to give parents/carers 30 mins , with prior viewing of Report, obs etc and then we discuss the child in the light of these, setting out 'next steps' together, so we are really working together. We also have Parent Workshops, where we share things we are doing so they can continue this at home. It seems to be beneficial in developing the 'partnership' aspect.

Smiles, do keep on with the Stay and Play. When we started we had 3 parents, who came every day, then 3 became 5, 5 10, now we have more than 40 registered parents attending regularly. New things can take an age to get going and stay going..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)