Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted

A big thank you to you all at the FSF. I've been using this site for a while now and it has improved my practise in a big way. I had my first ofsted this week and it has been a really tricky one as we are an ISP school so were under scruntiny in a big way. It has been a real battle and i have had to really fight my corner, with the support from my collegues and Head. i have also flagged up this website to the LEA advisors who i have been working with this year (v surprised that some did'nt know about this site!). But if it wasnt for all you guys out there i would'nt have had all the info and ideas i've had to improve my practise so a big thank you for being out there as well as all your good advice, which i have to say i have unashamedly stolen or adapted to suit my class.

well done all of you, i have been judged good which i am pleased with as ive only been teaching in the FS for 18 months. Room for improvement? always!!!

Well Done!!

And also well done for having the courage to keep fighting your corner and implementing any of the ideas we all share so freely here, that's what we're for!!

:oxD:(

Party time!

Sue

Congratulations to you for your recent Ofsted inspection, it is great to share and exchange ideas for good practice but at the end of the day you have implemented them in your setting so WELL DONE to you!!!!!!! :oxD:(:(:(

Well done Jo and a big congratulations :o

Thank you also for taking the time to say thank you to the FSF, many, many members are committed to sharing their knowledge and skills and although we all know how great the FSF is, it's still nice to hear how much positive difference the contributions enable in the every day real world of early years. xD

Enjoy your Easter break and continued success. :(

Peggy

well done Jo! i too would like to thank all you guys....got ofsted on tuesday (joyous easter hols!) and find myself comforted by the camarderie here......as ever

keep it up everyone

x

oh and happy easter!

I have always felt exactly the same as you Jo - those members who have taken the time to share and offer good advice is the most valuable training I have received! Well done. :o

Well done Jo!

It takes great courage to stand up for what you believe in - even with support.

That's what's so great about the Forum - even though our settings may be very different the difficulties we face are often similar and someone on here will have words of wisdom and comfort to spur you on in times of trouble.

Where would we all be without it (apart from having a day that's a few hours longer...?)

Maz

thanks guys it is fantastic to have your support. One thing i wanted to share with you just to see what you think. At the end of the first day when receiving feedback one inspector advised me to go home and have a glass of wine (after saying i was satisfactory that day) The following morning she walked past my classroom and said good morning and then asked me if i was smiling, then came into my classroom and said 'Let me see you smiling.' Am I being oversensitive or do you think this was patronising? As you can probably tell this is still irritating me as i feel this lacked sensitivity and i would not talk to a child in this way. Anyway, another member of staff overheard this and reported it to my head who insisted that the lead inspector visit me instead, much to my relief. what do you guys think?

thanks guys it is fantastic to have your support. One thing i wanted to share with you just to see what you think. At the end of the first day when receiving feedback one inspector advised me to go home and have a glass of wine (after saying i was satisfactory that day) The following morning she walked past my classroom and said good morning and then asked me if i was smiling, then came into my classroom and said 'Let me see you smiling.' Am I being oversensitive or do you think this was patronising? As you can probably tell this is still irritating me as i feel this lacked sensitivity and i would not talk to a child in this way. Anyway, another member of staff overheard this and reported it to my head who insisted that the lead inspector visit me instead, much to my relief. what do you guys think?

I don't know about patronising, Jo - but it made me feel very uncomfortable reading about it. Its difficult when I wasn't there - but you could interpret this in so many different ways. Have you spoken to work colleagues about it - especially to the staff member who reported it? I wonder what they thought and why they felt they should speak to the Head? Sorry I can't be more constructive - but what an odd thing to happen.

Maz

Jo, even reading it made me feel a little unsettled - were they trying to be friendly & put you at ease? It may have been said with the best intentions but does come across as a little "off" - they're only human though (despite the rumours!) and haven't we all said something & thought "oops, that didn't sound quite right!" as soon as the words have left our lips? I'd probably try to put it behind you and remember the good points instead.

Nona

yes i think you are right need to put it behind me they are human after all, and i think she was trying to be friendly but on reflection perhaps we both would change our reactions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)