Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer Solstice

mundia

Hi Carol. The summer solstice is one of a number of celestial events celebrated by Pagans but also shared by a number of other groups, Religious and non religious, in the same way that Christmas is celebrated in many ways by people who are not Christian.

But if a festival is Pagan, does that make it any less valid than any other?

Bubblejack, Ill be up with the lark and out at a nearby beauty spot with my tai chi group, where we will watch the sunrise, and practice our tai chi, at the same time, reflecting on the world, being deep and meaningful etc etc. :D

I've yet to make it to Stonehenge, its one of those things on my To-do list, but timing isnt very good as its not that near for me.

Carol,

I have a lovely pagan family in my setting - why exclude them? That's why they left their last!!

They will be celebrating at a local pagan site on the day, but on Tuesday, I'm planning to make their little girl a 'special' for the day!!

Sue :D

I think we should be able to celebrate pagan festivals, its just that I was told a few years ago that we shouldn't. Anyway we always have a fundraising Halloween disco in the local hall that raise us a few hundred pounds so I spose we celebrate it anyway... :o

Carol

Bit odd that , Carol, being told you shouldnt celebrate Pagan festivals- I wonder who said that and what their reasoning was?

SueR hope your family enjoy their day tomorrow

Hali, sorry to hear about the cold, hope you're feeling brighter soon. I(like the avatar by the way)

well the weather wasnt too kind but at least it wasnt raining at 4.30 this morning. Still we had a great time, put the world to rights, :o (if only it were that simple). I have to admit even I needed a sleep this afternoon, good job I didnt have to go to work today!!

Carol, its a shame your PATA take such a view, but I guess they must have theri reasons?

I'm with you Mundia on this one, no religion should be excluded.

Well i thought that everything was Equal Opps nowadays, but we don't celebrate Pagan festivals either as the group has a large amount of followers who are Jehovahs Witnesses (did i spell that right, sorry, don't want to offend anyone). My belief is that you should be as free to celebrate the pagan festivals as you are Chinese New Year. It's political correctness gone mad!!!! :o !!

I for one always celebrate Halloween by having a party for my kids and then go Trick and Treating. Then when we come back i always make sure i've got lots of sweets and treats for the other children who are trick or treating, Punch balloons with sugar went down really well last year. xD