Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Growing - Ouselves & Germs Theme

:o Out theme after Easter is growing 1st half term is plants, growing seeds, potatoes etc . We thought about 2nd half term looking at our growth and the things germs grow on ie Teeth Cleaning, Hand Washing ect. Has anyone got any ideas on activities,circle time, songs etc.

For handwashing..

we use glitter ..adut puts it on hand then touches childrens hand (germs transfered)

Tehn child has to wash hands to remove them

or touch other items to transfer them more

HAnd washing in bowl , what happens to them?... running water what happens?

Also do it with paint but tends to stain more and harder to get off items.

Have a book at work but cannot remember the title.. found ths one though and others..

germs are not for sharing

Inge

Dont know if you could use this...

You will need 2 small squares of bread, ham, cheese, 6 small airtight containers or food bags and some salt. All the items are put into the containers but one of each has salt put on top. After a few days, mould will start to grow on the unsalted items.

Hi Emma,

Growing and Ourselves are both topics that have been covered on the forum - have you found the articles on these? I am going to move this into the Topics part of the forum for you. :o

I've taken photographs of myself into nursery....showing me as a baby..........as I am now!!! raised a few laughs!!! I then encouraged (parents) and children to bring in their baby photo's to share at circle time and talk about how we grow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)