Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Shannon's Been Found

beth1

Have you heard the good news? The 9 years old girl Shannon as been found alive after 24 days of being missing. Apparently it is the longest time a child as been missing and found alive.

This is from the local paper:

http://www.dewsburyreporter.co.uk/news/SHA...IVE-.3880991.jp

Well I hope that the media will leave Shannon and her family to get on with their life.

Beth

Well I hope that the media will leave Shannon and her family to get on with their life.

Frankly I was amazed - but delighted - to hear the news. I hope the family will have time and the support they need to help Shannon work through whatever has happened to her over the past few weeks. Certainly there will be no repeat of the case of the two abducted girls that was re-investigated in the media recently: they posed for photographs upon their release. Its easy to see the pain in their eyes in the light of what we know happened to them during their abduction - but it is a measure of how things have changed in the intervening years.

It will probably be hard to escape the inevitable lurid headlines for the next few days, but I hope that with the right level of support Shannon will be able to live a happy, fulfilling life and not be forever overshadowed by whatever her ordeal has been.

Maz

What a fantastic outcome would it not be fantastic if a simlar outcome could happen for the Mcanns. Hopefully all those that have been involved in Shannons abduction will be brought to justice and that madelne will soon also return safely home to her parents and family.

FAB!! so pleased for her family, one little girl is going to be hugged close tonight.................absolutely wonderful news :)

I just heard on the news that she has been put under an Emergency Policy Protection Order, and that she had been reunited with her mother at the police station.

I heard her father being interviewed on the radio earlier and it was heartbreaking to hear him talking about how happy he was just to be told she was alive - it seems there was to be no reunion for them tonight but he was just so glad to hear the news it was like all his dreams come true.

Maz

I have to say I was surprised too, after the first day or two I really feared the worse! Thank God she's safe xD

The news have just said that the police protection order stands for 72 hours and then other social service steps take over. They also said, with no proof, that the man arrested was a relative of her step dad. Just have to pray now that any nutter who takes a little girl on her way home, is the sort of nutter you meet on the bus who only wants to talk forever. :o

I'm so glad she has been found. I have to admit that after all this time I was beginning to fear the worst. I can't imagine what the family have been going through. It is every parent's worst nightmare. I just hope that Shannon and her family can start to rebuild their lives with support.

Sally

Thanks for letting us know Beth1, I don't read papers or watch the news.

I agree with all other comments, thank goodness she has been found alive, and lets hope that the guilty people admit their 'charges' so she doesn't have to re live her ordeal through the criminal justice system and can just be left to get on with her recovery with the support of her loving family around her now.

Peggy