Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Want To Complete My Degree Sooner

Hi I am studying for my degree and emailed my tutor to ask if I can hand in my assignments earlier than the due date as I am in a hurry to complete the degree. I was told I can hand them in early but they will not be returned to me until the cut off date therefore I have to take the full amount of time to finish the degree. This seems unfair as I have the time to do them now and want to move on to another course to further my career but am now unable to . Has anyone else come across this or wanted to complete sooner?

Tracey

Edited by Guest

where are you studying? just wondered if im at the same uni, as noticed your destination!

it does seem a little unfair, but unfortunately thats just the way it is sometimes. i know i really want to be at the end of my full degree now - but only a few months to go.

are you distance learning, or do you attend lectures at the uni. im just thinking that if you are still attending lectures then you have to remember that you are still learning and they are part of your degree too, its not just about the assignments at the end of the day.

maybe someone else will have some advice, also don't think i have welcomed you.....hello!!!!

lucie x

where are you studying? just wondered if im at the same uni, as noticed your destination!

it does seem a little unfair, but unfortunately thats just the way it is sometimes. i know i really want to be at the end of my full degree now - but only a few months to go.

are you distance learning, or do you attend lectures at the uni. im just thinking that if you are still attending lectures then you have to remember that you are still learning and they are part of your degree too, its not just about the assignments at the end of the day.

maybe someone else will have some advice, also don't think i have welcomed you.....hello!!!!

lucie x

Hi Thanks for the welcome and for the advice I never really thought of it like that thanks. I am studying with the open university and attend lectures at lincoln uni.

Tracey

Hi

I have just completed my degree with the OU I completed my degree in 3 years through ensuring that I took courses in a continuous flow and some of them overlapping what courses are you taking feel free to pm me if I can help. P.S. welcome to the forum

hi and welcome to the forum, i can understand your frustrations but surley they all have to go to the panel for marking and then external moderatotrs at the same time - so would not be able to make an exeption for yours. Hard i know but use the time to ensure your assignments are as good as they can be ...

also when r you due to finish????? as if its the summer your not going to be able to get on another corse before then r u????

I am aslo in a similar situation. I have asked to do three units together E123, E124, E230. They have allowed me to do this. I have rang the course advisor this morning and ask whether i would be able to do the E115 (Oct 08), E243 (feb 09) and U212 (Jan 09). She told me that normally they will not allow you to do more than 120 points but if i make the application in July then they will consider me as then they will be able to have a good idea how i am coping with the three that i am doing at the moment. To pu myself in a good light i am submitting the assignment well before it sdue date. Hope that helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)