Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Journey

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone......I became a member of your forum last week and have found such interest in the wealth of topics, advice and support you all display. It is heartwarming and reassuring to know that other practitioners face similar scenarios during what is a rapidly changing child care environment. I am a pre school manager in the voluntary sector, offering full day care for up to 24 children per session, I thoroughly enjoy my job and gain a great deal of satisfaction from providing activities and experiences for the children.... sometimes I feel a little resentful at the amount of supporting paperwork which I am required to do which takes me away from the company of the children. At the present moment I am "finding " my way around the EYFS and was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions for recording the childrens learning journey it was mentioned at arecent course I was in about the "unique child" but when we invited the course leader to share ideas with us she replied that it would be covered in later training.......just wondered if anyone had done the "later training" ( I write as I speak and yes you're right I chat a lot ) look forward to your replies Many thanx Faz.

A very warm welcome from me Faz, :oxD this is a brilliant site and i am sorry i can't forward the link you need but I know that someone will be along very soon who can...there has been some examples of learning journeys - you could do a search but guaranteed some helpful soul will be hot on the tail of this post with a link.

welcome faz :o i too am in the process of putting together a childs learning journey so can share what I have so far however have just popped on to have a break from my FD assignment so remind me another time xD

oh and I need to get the tea on!!

Andrea

Welcome from me too, Faz: remember its your Forum too, now!

I agree that the CD is a very good resource - full of good ideas and 'stuff'.

We use photos a lot to explain what learning is taking place, or how a skill or concept is being developed. Often a photograph can say it more eloquently than any observation can - but sometimes there does need to be supportive text to help make the learning explicit. The children like it too - they can remember what they were doing and why, and tell you all about it which is a good way of checking that they have reflected on their own learning, too!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)