Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fabulous Day!

today was one of those 'simply full of joy' days at our setting and i just wanted to share that with you! we had happy, busy children.....most of them dressed up and were busy choosing and sharing.....all the usual things really, but with just a buzzzzzz of happy play....you know that sort of session?? just nice........and snack time came and was peaceful, harmonious, happy, sharing and please and thankyou's in abundance.Some of the children then started to play at being doctors and patients, lots of bandages, slings and temperatures being taken in a totally engaged sort of play......

And then I decided to get the tuff spot out, with loads (and I mean loads!! ) of shaving foam.........well, I have some wonderful memories of my time at settings over the years, and today will certainly rank with the best of them! We had children absolutely smothered in foam,(beards, eyebrows, the lot!) children wallowing in it, and, at one point, a child decided to literally swim in it..........and was swiftly followed by the whole group, sitting in the tray as if they were chicks in a nest......and all on the table top!! Yes, outrageously, happily, messily, enjoying every single moment of it,and the laughter was simply wonderful!! and for good measure, not one parent complained about it...the children were full of it when parents came to collect and every one of them said how good it was to see the children so happy!..........in fact, it was so wonderful, i almost wish Ofsted had been there to see it! :oxD:(:( I know many of you have days like this, but we often come on forum and share our worries, concerns etc........i'd just like to share this moment of magic with you all.....

Edited by narnia

Thats lovley narnia. You're right to share that, thanks. :o

My last day like that was at my old playgroup a couple of weeks ago. Everything was so good I just stood and watched for ages, good job I wasnt getting paid really! xD

What a lovely post, thanks for sharing Narnia, any pics to post?? :o

Your description was great too, I could almost hear the laughter and giggles as I read it xD:(

Peggy

if I can work out how to do it, yes, some lovely pics!

Place your pics on your computer desktop, ( or anywhere you can find them)

start a reply post

under post reply box select 'browse',

find pic on desktop, double click it

select UPLOAD

and hey presto, pic is now attached to post.

good luck

Peggy

Thanks for sharing Narnia, whilst I read it i sat smiling to myself and remembering lovely sessions like that myself, you are so right - makes everything worthwhile, I often just look around and relish in the smiles and the conversations going on around me, children are the best!! :oxD:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)