Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ice

laura

I can't believe how icy it has been today. I put Ryan in the car went round the front to de-ice the windscreen and whump, down I went. Not a brilliant thing to do when you are 30 weeks pregnant.

Fortunately I fell on my knees and hands and stopped myself from landing on my bump, but I was rather shaken. I hurried back inside where my husband was as he's on holiday and had a good cry. A lady I knew must have seen me fall as she drove past and she hurried round to see if I was ok which was so kind.

So now I'm being super careful. I'm having an early night and hope I don't ache too much in the morning.

Laura and a wriggly bump (thank goodness)

Look after yourself and that bump Laura. It looks as though we are going to have another bad frost tonight so take tiny steps and hold onto anything you can to keep you both upright.

Linda

My outside week and when I took the children out at 9-30am the temperature was -5oC. Never saw it get up higher than -1oC.Needless to say didn't have many out at all.Had a lovely time under our verandah playing at being in space. Have to say when I was sat on a chair I did put a blanket on it first!!!

Poor you Laura, I hope you feel ok in the morning.

I skated to work this mornig down a hill. I must have looked a right idiot holding on to people's garden walls and woe betide any person I met coming uphill - I wasn't moving from MY wall for anything!

Take care everyone over the next few days. :o

Knowing that I go to work on my bike, my brother-in-law rang me to tell me it was really black ice and to be careful.

Careful I was, until I went down a small slope and went a right cropper off my bike. I hurt my shoulder and knee. Luckily I had gone to work a little earlier yesterday, otherwise there would have been hundreds of school kids watching my spectacular fall! :o

I still hurt today and find it a bit difficult to lift things above a certain level. Lucky thing is though, IT ISN'T MY DRINKING ARM!!!! so I am still able to manage a wine or two! xD

Hope you and the bump have got over your trauma :(