Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Briefing

This afternoon I went on the EYFS briefing......one question most people was asking about was the 'development records' to be used for this. At the moment in west sussex b - 3 seperate and 3+ 'west sussex development records'.

We were told that one was being put together that the whole country would be using......probably as a pilot scheme!!!!whatever that means.

I have been on the website....www.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs and printed off what I think will be the new profile for september 08. I will try to download on here for everyone to see..here goes!

5848_fs_scalebooklet_web.pdf

Hi Mrsb,

Have just had a look and, not being in school and actually using it, I think that is the one already being used-the date is 2003. I would think that if it is only being piloted at first that it wouldn't be published until the pilot is completed.

Linda

Golly,

its all good and well, but I can't help noticing how everything is in colour and costs a fortune to replicate! When will they consider giving us the simple option of doing a printer friendly version without shaded backgrounds?

Still, it doesn't seem too bad - still a bit narrow, but ah well!!

Golly,

its all good and well, but I can't help noticing how everything is in colour and costs a fortune to replicate! When will they consider giving us the simple option of doing a printer friendly version without shaded backgrounds?

I think if yo access the booklet either from your EYFS CD or from the EYFS link, the version has no shading.

no shading booklet!

Sorry I thin I confused the issue by putting in the no shading link which as Marion said doesn't have the updated statemnst (which I didn't bother to check!!)

Of course you don't actually need the booklets

Ok got that!

I'm having a dull moment.

It says it's optional (just as well as we haven't opted to use it), but we use the Stepping Stones format - with ELG's being coded etc. Do you or anyone else who may use stepping stones have a preference? :o

:o Here I go again...probably confuse everyone even more...but here goes....What I was looking for was the 'development records' for the EYFS to use when it comes into force Sept 08.

At the briefing I went to, which basically was going through the pack...I asked about the records and was told that they are not ready yet but SHOULD be by Sept 08. At the moment in West Sussex we have these development records which apparantly is different from county to county. The EYFS new development records will be the same for every county in England. I was hoping to find a sample on the website but as you can see from my other posts xD:(:( I didn't find it!!!!!

I personally would have thought that if they are starting these briefings then it may be a good idea to have the records done so we can look through them and begin to see where they are refering to.

mrsb

I went to an EYFS briefing yesterday afternoon, Mrsb, and the same as you, I was told that they are still compiling the development Records and they, HOPEFULLY, would be ready for September.

We can't get onto any of the EYFS courses, because they are fully booked!!!!! :o I wonder whether other counties are the same? They must know how many settings there are in the area and should put on more courses. Apparently there are long waiting lists for them as well.

My deputy was unable to come to the briefing with me yesterday, as it was fully booked, with a long waiting list, yet at the briefing there were 9 people who just didn't turn up. This is so annoying as others could have gone. Here they are starting to charge, £25 for people who have booked but do not turn up or cannot give 5 days notice of cancellation. Do other counties have the same problems?

Sue J

Guest MaryEMac

We had our second training session on Monday. We arrived at the venue and it was all dark and locked, our tutor was sitting in her car trying to contact someone. The manager turned up at nine and looking in her book said that she had no record of an EYFS course taking place. We had the first one there in November so obviously someone from Cambs Early years forgot to book it. Luckily they were able to find us a room but because of the late start we had to rush through it as most people had only got cover until a certain time and had to get back to their settings. It was good though, we found it better than the first session which was with reception teachers as well. All we have to do now is cascade it to the others before we have our bespoke training in the summer. Cambs seeem to have put on quite a few sessions , there were two on Monday and two more today in my area.

Mary

I think many LAs are working on some kind of development record and I would be very surprised if any one was rolled out nationally, althouhg I am sure many will be available for settings to choose from. (that was certainly the impression we were given at our briefings anyway) I think we are sitting back and waiting for the rush..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)