Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Love My Grandchildren But....

Guest MaryEMac

Guest MaryEMac

I really do love and adore my two grandchildren, Millie nearly 3 and Jake nearly 8, but last night they drove me round the bend. Millie went to bed at 6.30 (almost fell asleep in her tea) downstairs at 6.45, had got her second wind. Finally got her to bed at 7.45. Jake followed at 9.15 (he was getting some of the answers right on Millionaire). Both downstairs at 9.40, both swiftly put back in bed. I went to bed at 10.20 cos they were both unsettled and awake. Millie got in bed with me, Jake told firmly to go to sleep. At 11, Jake was asleep but now Millie was in bed with auntie Leanne.At midnight she was in her own bed and asleep. between 2 and 5, I think that Leanne and myself were up with her every hour at least once. At 5.30 she was back in with nana and grandad. By 6 she was asleep across the bed leaving me and Richard with about 4 inches each. her head was on my stomach, her bottom was on the pillow and her feet were kicking Grandad about the head. She finally woke up at 8 this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed, unlike the adults in the household xD When her mum and dad came to pick them up, I suggested that they leave it a few weeks before they come to sleep again. I am now off for a lie down in a darkened room, at least I can do that now I'm a grandparent. :o

Mary

I have that all to look forward to. I insisted to my son of 30 that I did not want to be a nan! But when he told me the news that they are expecting in May I went all funny and now can't wait!

Same here!!

We have four grandsons aged 12, 8, and identical twin boys of just 2 years old. They all stayed over Christmas and when my husband and I finally waved them goodbye from the doorstep, we sighed a deep sigh, went indoors, made a cuppa and promptly fell asleep. Boy, are they hard work!! The older ones are fine, sometimes they come away in our caravan for a weekend with us - it's the two younger ones, that are very boisterous and get up to things together, we also get them mixed up.

One day, my daughter left them with us, saying, that A had the russet coloured t-shirt on and M had the green one on. Fine. until, we did a really silly thing - WE GAVE THEM A BATH!!!! :(:o No t-shirts now!!! They weren't telling us who was who either. Actually, if we study them we can see a differnce - just.

We love them dearly though xD

Sue J