Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Web Site

Verona

I have almost got the website ready for Pre-school and I would like to have some photos of children on it. At present parents sign a form to give permission for me to take photos of their child whilst at Pre-school. They sign this when they first start. These photos go into the leaving album when the children go off to school. Also permission is sought when staff do course work and might need a photo of children at play and also when I use photos in our Prospectus. Separate permission is sought if photos are going into the local newspaper.

Being on a website is quite a bit different. Does anyone use photos on their website - if so, how did you word your permission granted form for the website?

I have thought about not having photos with childrens faces showing but a real beaming face can show enjoyment, pleasure, contentment, etc. Please let me know your thoughts.

Sue J

My NCMA photo permission form has 15 tick boxes so parents can give or withhold permission for photos to be used to record their daily routine, the childminders (RCM) own album, RCM promotional literature, NCMA website, other publications such as the local paper, childminding network publicity/displays, promotional literature for other organisations ie local childminding group, to record children's development, the RCM's coursework, the RCM's website, NCMA publications such as Who Minds?, other organisations' websites, childminding network website and 2 "other"

It also says "there will be no payment for the child's participation"

each form has child's name, parents name, address & tel number, RCM name, date & parent signature.

Hope that helps.

Nona

Mine says

• I do/do not* give my consent for photographs of my child to be used in playgroup promotional literature, on playgroup website, and for the photographs to be displayed on the playgroup premises.

Hi Sue -

Helen no longer has her nursery website up and running (blame her webmaster... :o ), but when she did we had four or five general promotional pictures, for which we asked the parent's consent. She then had an area for regular more personal pictures with comments showing weekly activities, but these were in a password protected area which only parents of current nursery children had access to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)