Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

December Newsletter

Susan

Another tip...

Tie the christmas tree securely.

Mine fell yesterday. All 6 and a half foot of it. Baubels rolled across the room, beads scattered, light in disarray.

Happened last year too :o

We splashed out on a new TV and it was delivered yesterday.

I dont recommend setting up a TV in the same corner as the Christmas tree either, Rea. How my husband thought he could he could squeeze in the gap Im not sure and then he blames Aaron for not having set the tree up securely but I know the boys spent ages doing that!!! He's just lucky we bought a Nordmann and now Im left to hoover the needle drop up!!

As for the turkey, Im just wondering whether it will survive from Sunday, when it has to be collected, in the garage as my fridge wont be empty enough! At least its not too warm at the moment.

We always slice and freeze our left over turkey, saves turkey overload next week and makes a quick easy dinner or sandwiches at a later date!

Hope its a secure garage Susan!

One year mom put the turkey in the bath to defrost, we were all under the strictest instrucion to keep the door shut because of the cats.

Someone left it open and a good sized chunk got eaten. Mom had to carve around it and cook it.

We're still here to tell the tale so no harm done xD

And I'm not even going to think about the needles from the tree, the vacuum doesnt want to think about it either :o

Our first Christmas as husband and wife I invited every waif and stray elderly aunt and relative to impress them what a good catch he'd made xD Carried the turkey to the table and hubby started to carve the beautiful golden bird.They all ate but left the turkey which had a really strange taste and there were mutterings of 'off'.It was only when we were dealing with the leftovers we found a ball of burnt and melted plastic inside :o No-one told me to take the plastic bag of giblets out before cooking :(

xD:(:(

20 years on there are no elderlies left :( just the 4 of us so its tennis/long beach walks/swimming/board games in the evenings and a totally non-commercial/no telly christmas for a few years until the eldest will want to stay home to go clubbing :o It's also good for my arthritis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)