Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Last Week......i Wished I Felt Better!

:o Up early this morning.....full of cold, lost my voice and feeling generally rough! And now on top of this I ended up going to the 'walk in centre' on Saturday morning....My left hand has been aching for a few days but I just put this down to aches & pains due to a cold....woke up and my hand had completely swollen up, hurt to move and pins & needles. Though I had fractured it it hurt that much. My son drove me to the hospital where I was examined and asked questions...turns out I have 'carpal tunnel syndrome'...or in 'normal' words inflammed tendon caused by ???????????

Anyone else heard of this......it's still swollen and painful and it is affecting my index finger.

oh dear, poor old you. hope you are able to get plenty of TLC from family and friends. Not sure about your condition. my mum-in-law`had it for several years in the good old days and ended up having a small op but that was in the dark ages :oxD:(. As far as I can remember she was fine after treatment and it only took an hour or so stay in hospital.

I don't know about everyone else but we all seem to fight off everything that is going about until the day we finish and then POW it all comes at once,just in time for a short break.

hope you get better soon. happy christmas :(

Hi mrsb -

Many people live with the inconvenience of carpal tunnel syndrome, but as Jessica says you can have an operation if it becomes more than an irritation. My sister has had one in both wrists and found it pretty effective and not a major operation.

Might be a good excuse not to be able to do any catering over Christmas however? :o

Also know people with same condition. Small op sorts it out.

Am now going back to bed. Got a cold yesterday afternoon. Now my nose wont stop running, teeth feel like they will fall out and head will explode.

Meant to be going out for a meal tonight with mum, dad, sister, hubby and kids - think I will have to cancel that as dad has cancer and not sure he will fight off a cold if he gets it.

Only tomorrow and then christmas party on wednedsay.

Then have to think about food for christmas - got 13 coming for dinner!

Oh dear Mrs B, sorry to hear your unwell. My first thought was too much use of index finger whilst on the computer, :o but please don't let it put you off 'reading' the forum even if it's too painful to respond. xD Seriously, I hope it doesn't affect your Christmas too much and hope you get suitable treatment asap.

Peggy

Hope you feel better soon MrsB. Can sympathise with you on the cold front, had a bit of sniffle last week which turned into a full blown cold on Saturday morning but that might have been made worse by the hangover from Friday night! Still feel spaced out today but had a great morning at pre-school doing fun christmassy things and singing christmas songs simply for the fun of it, words we don't know we just make up!

For those of you coping with nighttime coughs have you heard the lastest thing about the Vicks remedy? Some Canadian research I think. Rub Vicks into your feet when you go to bed, put socks over the top, and it's supposed to stop you coughing. Great for children I would think. Has worked for the past two nights, dead romantic!

A friend of ours has that Mrsb and I think its the name of the thing my dad has got too, but i could be wrong. Hope you're feeling better soon, my last winter cold seems to have lingered for weeks xD

Rubbing vicks into your feet sounds strange but doesnt reflexology deal with feet? Depending on which part of the foot is stimulated affects a certain part of the body. (I think) :o

Oh poor Mrsb, Hope you feel better very soon.

I had carpel tunnel syndrome a few years ago and it bugged me so much, waking me in the night and not being able to carry stuff because of numbness. Had the operations in both hands about 6 months apart and have been fine ever since. I never had painful symtoms like you though.

Look after yourself and rest as much as you can, if you can.

Hope you are able to feel better and enjoy the rest of the week...

I've developed 'mild' carpal tunnel syndrome in my left hand as a result of being heavily pregnant - apparently it is quite common due to fluid retention. The midwife said that mild physio could alleviate the pain and if it got any worse, the GP could give me material 'cast' to keep my wrist and fingers straight. It should disappear for me within 6-8 weeks of the birth.

One of my work colleagues had the op. on both hands about 4 months apart and hasn't suffered since.

sorry to hear your unwell, never heard of it before but i have now, hope you get bettter soon and have a lovely xmas!!

i'm celebrating eid on wednesday and am very very busy getting everything ready but as we women do - i'll manage - what with working full time, looking after 4 children and studying towards the degree in early years :o

anyway hope you have a good xmas and new year xD

xD:( You lot are so kind.....always there with a sympathetic ear. Thanks everyone, must say I am feeling a little better today just full of cold but then so is everyone. My left hand is feeling slightly better...and I didn't realise is what so common so you have put my mind at rest for that too.

I do think my symptons prob felt a little worse because maybe...just maybe I could have been suffering from a hangover from Saturday night! :o Hope I feel well enough for the rest of the week....retirement party tonight at school for the bursar and meal on Friday.