Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Job Share

Guest isaac

Guest isaac

Hi,

From September I will be taking the morning nursery only. The interviews for my afternoon position are being held in a couple of weeks. The head has just asked me to write down some questions for the interviewees! I've put down all the usual stuff about the foundation stage etc etc. but I'm struggling a bit for other ideas - probably because I was put on the spot and didn't expect to have a hand in it at all. If anyone has some suggestions I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Hi Issac, we've recently been interviewing, the question i most liked to ask was 'what is your favourite activity and why?' I think it gives a better idea of the interviewees personality and their understanding of FS, if any one had answered that they loved doing work sheets...well!!! I'd have the person who's greatest love was splatter painting anyday. Hope it's a help.

If you are going to participate in the interviewing and be the job share partner then you need to make sure that you will be able to work with the other person who is appointed, don't you.

I realise that theoretically you may might little in practise if you both have wildly diiferent working pracrises then it is going to be difficult.

I have worked successfully in job shares in yr1 and alongside jobshare partners in nursery. Obviously in yr1, we were sharing the same children and we had a hand over book to record for each other what had happened. The biggest bug bear was the tidiness of the classroom, not bad when I worked with her 2 days a week but when we shared in athe room in which I was each morning it drove me mad that things were not tidied away.

In the nursery job share the teachers were close friends and always in touch about what they were going to do and kept 1 another up to date with planning etc.

When i did a job share in yr3 it was a disaster because the other teacher would not share with me any of the medium planning. I did my own thing but it wasn't very easy. I don't think she liked the share but that wasn't my fault!

If you are likely to fill in for 1 another for any reason then you must be able to communicate successfully.

good luck.

I'm looking for a job share but as I haven't seen anything advertised I guess you don't live near me!!!

I must have missed this one somewhere along the line.

Isaac, I would agree with Susan, that finding a prtner that you can work with is every bit as important as the person's knowledge of the FS curriculum. When I was interviwed for the job share I do now (as foundation manager), I was asked quite a lot of questions about how I would communicate with my partner, what I thought made a good job share, how we could split the work load, what would happen if we had major disagreements. These are really important.

I have had the pleasure of working the job share nightmare as well as the really successful ones, and the biggest heartache in the nighmare scenario was lack of communiation- my partner just didnt tell me what he was doing.

I presume your interviews are after half term so hope it all goes OK and do let us know how it all went. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)