Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mobile Hand Washing Unit

Hi

Yesterday we raised £1267.68 from our Christmas Raffle - an absolutely amazing amount. :o

Now I would really like to spend this money wisely and we need to replace the current hand washing units which are white/plastic/similar to something like the Krypton factor to set up (especially when you're in a rush!)/and difficult for the children to use.

So .... I have found these http://www.mobilesink.com/News-OdysseyJunior.html and wonder if anyone has these and how they find them.

Would be really grateful for comments before I spend loads of money! xD

Thanks very much :(

I Know Susan it's fab.

I've got to let you in to a little secret though ...... one of our parents works for one of the big banks and we got matched fundraising - still raised £633 though - the best yet! :o

Well it doesn't seem to look like anyone has one :o

I'm terrified of spending that amount and them not being any good - although they do look like they'll do the job! BUT before I found these I bought something very similar off ebay for £102. I've only just got it 'cos it was in Guildford and my sister collected it for me, so I will clean it up and then try it out and give you all some feedback! (Think it was from a mobile catering van!).

I really don't know what other options there are - the white/plastic/Kryton Factor ones are really too difficult for the younger ones to use, and a bowl + soap is only acceptable depending on which Inspector you've got.

I'll try out the ebay one this weekend and let you know what I think!

• 1 month later...

Thought I ought to update you on these sinks. THEY ARE FAB! :o

Easy to set up, very easy to use (from the very youngest to the oldest), easy to keep clean, easy to put away - they are just brilliant. They would be even easier to put away if they had a handle each side but that is me just being really picky.

Although pricey initially, they are going to be worth their weight in gold.

And very good service too from the company selling them! xD

Yes, our bowl and soap was no good for our inspector, and our little sink in our little toilet we have had to adjust to ensure hot water was available.

Do these mobile until have hot/warm water, could you tell me?

Our bowl (frequently changed) and (liquid) hand soap was perfectly adequate for our inspector :o

Maz

Oh dear it isn't right that it isn't a level playing field as far as bowls of water are concerned.

These units do have a temperature control - ours is set to lukewarm. This is far better than the freezing cold water they have to use in the toilet sinks as we can't use the hot water in there as it's way too hot for their little hands and adults too!

Thats the only thing that stopped us getting outstanding overall - the water issue, the Inspector wanted hot running water in the toilets - stupidity

we have since the inspection bought one of those small water heaters to have in the children's sized toilet costing over £200, so if I had known about these earlier I would certainly have been interested in finding out more

Hi Laura

I got a bit of a discount for ordering 2 and got free wheels but I know they are SO expensive.

The children found it really easy today to fill their watering cans up using it to make a soggy sand tray even soggier - not quite what I intended but they had such fun! :o

Really hope you're happy with yours - let me know what you think of it please. xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)